Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • fox fork set up question
  • firestarter
    Free Member

hi ive a set of talas forks and when i set them up with the correct amount of air for my weight and the sag. they seem to sink into their travel so its almost like ive got 70mm sag rather than 30mm ish (140mm forks) they have just been serviced so im wondering if its anything to do with my setting on rebound or compression ? any ideas
    thanks

wwaswas

you need to use the sag to determine what air pressure to use – the figures fox give are really a start point.

go for 20% if you want something xc-firm, 30% if you like plush but some bob on the climbs.

hora
    Free Member

Wait…

You need to now service them 😆

firestarter
    Free Member

well what i mean was with the correct air pressure my sag is around 30mm which is about right (too firm if anything) but when im riding just up and down the street i sink to about 70mm into the travel if that makes sense

votchy
    Free Member

Set the sag by bouncing fork through travel several times then measure it, don't measure sag by just sitting on then getting off.

Dirtynap
    Free Member

Take all the out and drop the fork to max travel. Bang in the air pressure, then cycle the fork. Then re-measure. You probably need to add 5-10psi more than fox state also make sure you have your kit on, if not add a further 5psi or so.

Then cycle the fork again, crank the talas up and down cycling the fork again. Then re-measure with the talas fully out. Keep adding air pressue or removing it until your happy. Then go ride and enjoy.

firestarter
    Free Member

i think i may have sorted it , i will find out on next ride a can go on , me healing is just about over 😉 i think its sorted by a mix of adjusting low speed compression, rebound and some more air. seems to have done the trick anyway cheers all

oh and mark id take no fork advise from you lol 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘fox fork set up question’ is closed to new replies.