Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Fox fork seals. Clean and lube with?
  • bikergbr
    Free Member

Hi
    I have just bought some fox forks – 32 vanilla rlc
    Any thoughts on what I should clean them with?
    I understand I need to keep adding new oil around the seal?

Thanks

will…
    Free Member

pretty easy maintenance, gently wash the bike, try not to blast mud/water into the seal area. wipe clean with soft rag if just dusty. about every 30 hours of riding, or maybe more frequently if you ride in lots of dirty mud/grit, you would be advised to do a quick seal lube. this is pretty easy to do, but involves removing the wheel and brake, turning the fork upside down, and removing the lower legs. it sounds messy/difficult, but once you have done it a couple of times, becomes a <5min job- especially if you go to the <huge expense of binning the old crush washers and replacing them each time. if you have any doubts, check with mojo, the uk agent – they have always been really helpful, and always give solid advice.
    of course, if you had asked the LBS they’d have told you this if they were any good…. 🙂

Before you start panicking, this procedure is pretty much the same on most modern forks, and not doing it is likely to cause problems in the long run.

i do it less frequently than the intervals mentioned, but have still managed to make all my forks run smoothly year on year, with no issues of worn seals or bushings that some people seem to think is such a problem with todays modern forks.

HTH,

Will…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Fox fork seals. Clean and lube with?’ is closed to new replies.