Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Fox Fork Seals
  • longwayup
    Free Member

After four trouble free years the time has come to replace the seals on my 05 Talas forks. Does anyone know of a really good website with videos on how to change them? (Fox website makes it look complicated)

Cheers.

lowey

google
    enduroforkseals

Wozza
    Free Member

I got my Enduro seals from here…

Clicky

longwayup
    Free Member

I’ve ordered some Enduro Seals but now I need the instructions on how to fit.

Wozza
    Free Member

Any help?

Clicky

0range5

Don’t want to scare anyone but TF tuned told me that the Enduro seals can wear the anodising. The recommended Manitou seals for Fox – my first reaction was “is that the only thing Manitou make that’s any good?” To which they said…

…and on my 08/09 TALAS the seals were easy to replace. The instructions on the Fox site are easy to follow I thought. All you need is damping oil – you only need the float fluid if you’re stripping the TALAS assembly, which isn’t usually neccessary.

The standard weight fluid is 7.5, but 5 id OK as you can dial in a bit more rebound & compression. Don’t use 10 tho.

Flaperon

If you’re a lightweight like me (10.5 stone) then the 5wt fluid works better anyway. Enduro fork seals haven’t gone wrong so far, the TALAS forks always wear on the lower bushings.

doof_doof
    Free Member

I’ve had a set of Enduro seals on my Vanilla for coming up 4 years now with no ill effects. Actually rebuilt the fork last w/end for the first time in a while and the fluid was as clean as it went in.

the_lecht_rocks

any truth that the Enduro seals affect low speed sensitivity ?

retro83
    Free Member

any truth that the Enduro seals affect low speed sensitivity ?

They feel a bit sticky for a few rides but that’s all (on rockshox, mind)

longwayup
    Free Member

Cheers BearBack, saw the video but missed that page.

Now can I just replace the seals by turning the fork/bike upside down and pull the lowers off(after unscrewing the nuts on the bottom)?

BearBack
    Free Member

Yes, I belive you can.. but at least IIRC you’ll still need to unscrew the two top caps so you can plactic mallet the lowers of the cartridge/talas assy.
    If you dont undo the top caps, you might break something when tapping with mallet.. you may of course be able to seperate them by hand, although I suspect not..
    Give everything a throrough clean out while they are appart.. you’ll be amazed how grimey it can get inside.
    so, TBH, you may as well follow as per the Fox instructions. This way you’ll also to do a damper cartridge oil drain so you dont just cycle dirty oil back into the clean stuff.

votchy
    Free Member

Just out of interest, why are the enduro seals twice the price of the Fox ones? £15 from Mojo and £29.99 from CRC.

Onzadog
    Free Member

well, for a start, you get twice as many seals!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Fox Fork Seals’ is closed to new replies.