Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Fox fork paint finish
  • neninja
    Free Member

Has anyone had the paint bubbling up on their 2011 Fox Fork where the crown and the head tube meet?

Underneath the crown where is meets the base of the tube is all bubbling up and also above the crown also where it meets the tube.

Is this a common fault? Fork is a 2011 32 Talas RLC Fit Kashima.

Looks like I’ll be phoning Mojo on Monday.

d45yth
    Free Member

I’ve always found the paint on Fox forks to be quite durable. Are you sure they haven’t had brake fluid spilt on them?

ruminant
    Free Member

Hi, had the same issue, spoke with mojo who cited using my bike on the road and road salt. Basically telling me I’d not cleaned them well enough. Mine are 2010’s you may get a different response seeing as your’s are newer

baznav73
    Free Member

Sounds like corrosion under the paint to me, road salt is deadly and gets in all the nooks and crannies, i road my mountain bike to work last year and the roads were very slushy i work in a shop so gave it a good wash when i got to work to try and get rid of the salt by the end of the day the chain and cassette were rusty as hell, last time i did that.
    Other wise your sweating to much and sweat is equaly bad at corroding your nice parts.

neninja
    Free Member

Definitely not brake fluid.

I’d be surprised if it was road salt – I use a Fender Bender so get very little spray under the fork crown. Also I don’t commute on the bike or anything like that and tend to be a bit of a mentalist about cleaning it especially in Winter.

I’ll see what they say on Monday.

neninja
    Free Member

Sent the fork to Mojo to look at on Tuesday. I just called them to check they’d received it OK and have been told it’s already on the way back to me complete with a new CSU. That’s awesome warranty service.

A massive thumbs up to Mojo from me.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Fox fork paint finish’ is closed to new replies.