Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Fox fork – G2 model's
  • alcolepone
    Free Member

just bought a Fox fork from chain reactions, the spec didnt mention it was a G2. I.e. a larger offset crown, 51mm. Reading up on their use, it seems it only comes on gary fishers.

Does anyone know if this would be a problem putting it on a different bike? I.e. the Carbon 456? I know it will make for slighly twitchier handling, but anything else i should know?

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I thought G2 was 29er specific

oxnop
    Free Member

Won't work – g2 is designed for 29ers to make the front end more nimble/faster steering

alcolepone
    Free Member

pretty sure this isn't for 29er
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=49298

Fox Suspension 32 Float RL From
    £350.00

wwaswas

brant would probably be the best one to comment but my 2p – the GF G2 geometry and the 'long top tube' of the 456 isn't that different.

Your best bet would be to check the geometry on a 26" G2 GF frame vs a 456 and see what the differenes are.

Personally though I'd be having words with CRC – it shoudl at least mention the offset even if it doesn't say it's G2.

nuke

Personally though I'd be having words with CRC – it shoudl at least mention the offset even if it doesn't say it's G2.

+ 1

There is a G2 sticker on the bottom of the lowers of the black fork pictured but that's really not good enough. It should say it in the description.

nickegg
    Free Member

I saw those forks myself and thought they would be perfect for my wife…..until i spotted the G2 sticker. G2 is not 29'er specific, it's just the 2nd version of Gary Fisher's geometery.

CRC really should change the description as the forks are not designed for 'normal' bikes.

What is the difference in offset between 'normal' and 'G2' forks.

EDIT: Doh! Just realised they have a tapered steerer too so definitely no good for me!

alcolepone
    Free Member

Yeah, bit annoyed by CRC about that. might work out ok though 😀

nbt

interesting, might pick up a set as "spare" for my g2-equipped gary fisher bike 😉

nickc

It's only a couple of mm though in reality. Probably won't make a huge difference, and you'll probably get used to it. Minus points to CRC for not saying though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Fox fork – G2 model's’ is closed to new replies.