Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Fox Float 32 Service
  • darrenm
    Free Member

Hey all,

I have decided to replace wiper seals and oil in my forks, took lowers off last night, all good there.

I have now realised that the top caps are 26mm, not 24mm like my revs so need to obtain a new tool.

The question I’m asking is can I finish the lowers and then do the upper service at a later date without messing with the lowers again? (I think I can but would like to check with the masses)

Thanks

greeble
    Free Member

you can fit new seals and foam rings. (make sure they have been well soaked in float oil before and after fitting)

if you do an upper surface you need to undo the foot nuts again and there maybe a chance the new fresh oil you put in the lowers could come out. its best to do the upper service and lower at the same time.
    or just do the lower service

darrenm
    Free Member

Thanks greeble, think I will just wait then.

vala
    Free Member

After purchasing a 26mm socket have it machined flat. Not much height where the socket goes so it can easily be damaged.

Lakes_Puma

I now have 3 sockets that I have machined flat to remove fork top caps, I used a bench mounted grinding wheel which is a PITA but it does make for easy removal of top caps without risk of rounding them off.

j3ffo
    Free Member

Sorry for thread hijack. If I wanted to service 2011 TALAS 32 FIT do I follow a similar proceedure to this?

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/article/workshop-service-the-seals-on-your-fox-32-fork-25020/

In doing so can I just turn the fork round, drain the oil & replace with correct volume? Or am I missing something?

Ta

njee20
    Free Member

I use an adjustable spanner…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Fox Float 32 Service’ is closed to new replies.