Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Fox Float Evol air can upgrade
  • badlydrawnchalk
    Free Member

Has anyone done this yet? I’ve read a couple of reviews and am tempted as I ride a short travel frame on pretty steep rocky trails. There is a kashima and non kashima option with a retail price difference of about £30 is this just asthetic? My shock has a kashima shaft.

poey50
    Free Member

Made a massive difference to my Fox CTD shock. Much plusher on small bumps but still plenty of support through the stroke.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Do you reckon these are available for the CTD on the 2016 Stumpjumper 650B?

b45her
    Free Member

ring mojo first, i was talking to one of the technicians a little while back about the evol can and he mentioned that on the enduro the shock needed to be totally revalved to work properly, the stumpy may be the same.

gelert
    Free Member

The can upgrade is only available to non oem as Kashima £90 version. Had it installed my 160 bike which had Kashima anyway but when I asked for the Anodised version for a 140 Float Evo would be too expensive. It’s great if you can have it. I didn’t have any issues with the Evo anyway just wanted it so no loss except it was easy £60 if it hadn’t been oem only.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Got it on mine. But I never used it before it was EVOL’d so I have no idea.

As Poey50 says, it’s meant to make things plusher on small bumps and well supported through the stroke. That’s pretty much the marketing blurb I think?

Mines installed on a non-kashima coated ctd float on a trance 650b. It’s my first (rear) suspension bike since I had a Spesh Enduro in erm… 2003 ish… I have no real basis for comparison. Feels smooth, comfy and bouncy. :s

Leku
    Free Member

Consider also the Vorsprung Corset Air Sleeve. It transformed the RP2 on my Yeti 5.

http://www.tftuned.com/vorsprung-corset-air-sleeve/p3135

poey50
    Free Member

As Poey50 says, it’s meant to make things plusher on small bumps and well supported through the stroke. That’s pretty much the marketing blurb I think?

It probably is the marketing blurb, but I did use the shock before the sleeve for several months. In this case the blurb don’t lie.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Does yours have the standard coat push rod or the Kash coated one?

poey50
    Free Member

Does yours have the standard coat push rod or the Kash coated one?

Kashima coated.

gelert
    Free Member

Upgrading my 216mm Kashima Factory Float CTD with the EVOL (£90) is like night and day better over small bumps. That was going to Mojo anyway so they did it at the service. Worth having on that high end kit that should have frankly been better from the off anyway IMO.

To be fair the weird thing is the low end 190×50 Float Evolution shock on the other bike (non kashima) has been remarkable really. It has plenty of small bump sensitivity anyway but could bottom out on big hits (or after a big jump into a berm then a bump on the berm would bottom it) so it’s just had a bigger air spacer put in to tune that out. I just read up that they offered the EVOL can without Kashima too for £60 and my LBS has asked Mojo for it and they can’t supply it and said it’d have to go back to them to have Kashima upgrade. It’s just not worth it for what is a £269 shock. So I’ll ride it now it’s serviced again (it owes me nothing) and if it’s fine keep going but if I feel like it might just buy the DPS one in the summer but it’s probably not needed.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Mine’s the non-Kashima CTD with the Evol can.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Such a faff with the shocks on the FSR stuff.

I know that Vorsprung do that corset one for my bike, but I’m thinking if the volume spacers don’t help, I might try something else.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Anyone tried it on a Float X? I was looking at the Vosprung one too.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Also… I just google “mojo upgrade” really, really not what I was looking for. Ha ha

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Fox Float Evol air can upgrade’ is closed to new replies.