Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Fox Float Air-Volume Spacer – reduces travel?
  • empy
    Free Member

Had a few issues bottoming out with RP23 on 2010 DW Turner 5 Spot, so thought I’d give these a go – supposed to ramp up the pressure faster as the shock compresses. I popped the medium one of the kit in but have two issues:

1. It doesn’t snap into place like it apparently should do according to the instructions and vid. The smaller spacer would just move around on the shaft – are the newer RP23s different?

2. I lost some travel – it bottoms out about 5mm further up the shock body. Is this normal? I thought they weren’t supposed to affect travel.

neninja
    Free Member

You did pull back the bump stop and plate before fitting it to the shaft didn’t you? You have to move them first and fit the spacer behind then push them back in to place.

http://service.foxracingshox.com/consumers/Content/Service/QuickTech/FloatAirSpringSpacerProc.htm

empy
    Free Member

Yes – its above the plate. Followed all the instructions OK. And it seems to work OK – just wasn’t expecting to lose any travel.

MRanger156
    Free Member

I didn’t think you were meant to loose travel either, was going to buy some today but might hold off.

empy
    Free Member

It might just be the older RP23s. My main concern is not to do any damage to the shock.

stevede
    Free Member

Fwiw I didn’t lose any travel fitting a medium spacer to my float and am happy to say that it solved my issue, working as advertised.

dirtydog
    Free Member
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Fox Float Air-Volume Spacer – reduces travel?’ is closed to new replies.