Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Fox Float 32 2011 – Clicking and reduced travel problem
  • myopic
    Free Member

The above forks (150mm travel spaced down to 130mm) have developed a problem I haven’t had before. The first few mm of travel seems to be accompanied by a ‘click’, or a ‘creak’ noise. This happens when I get on the bike or if the fork is fully extending and then compressing again, eg when going up a hill and honking out of the saddle. Also seems to be accompanied by a reduction in travel which seems to be caused by oil from the lowers getting into the air chamber. I’ve previsouly got the extra scraper seal which is supposed to fix this.

If I grab the lowers and try to rock them backwards and forwards, then I can reproduce this click, but its hard to say if it is due to back and forth movement, or just a tiny bit of compression.

If this something that replacing all the seals myself is likely to fix, or does it sounds like something bigger? Bushes worn? The stanchions are fine – I drop the lowers and do the oil change thing regularly so I thought wear on bushes was unlikely.

myopic
    Free Member

Bump for the evening crowd 🙂

myopic
    Free Member

No-one got any ideas?

tinglesrack
    Free Member

If you drop the lowers regularly yourself then you may as well do that again but this time remove the air assembly too and inspect. You just need to remove the circlip at the bottom of the stanchion.

myopic
    Free Member

Thanks, TS, but I’ve taken the air assembly out too. It comes out the top though – no circlip at the bottom of the stanchion on mine that I can remember seeing, or needing to remove to get it out.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fox Float 32 2011 – Clicking and reduced travel problem’ is closed to new replies.