Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Fox Float 32
  • Loafer
    Free Member

Hi,

I’ve got a bit of a dilema. I was about to send my 2008 Fox Float 32s off for their annual tune up when I noticed the stanchions are worn. This part will cost £200 plus the £80 for the tune up. Not sure whether to do it or not as I could get some new Rebas or something similar for about £350.

I was thinking I could save the £280 and run the Fox’s for a while yet as they don’t really feel much different (perhaps not quite a smooth as they could be) and then replace them when I start to notice a major difference.

does anyone know what will happen to the forks if I continue to ride on them with the worn stanchions?

Cheers

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Same situation here Loafer, with my 2009 32RL.
    That bike was even out of action with a broken frame for a couple of months, so I think they wore out in less than a year of use.
    Still like riding them but they’re just not fit for purpose.!!!

I will just run mine into the ground over the winter (if they last that long) and fit the Marzocchi 44RC3 Ti after.
    Why spend £300 now and a further £100 every year just to keep the old ones going?
    I bagged the ‘zocchis for £400 last week in Wiggle Sale but haven’t fitted yet.
    3 years guarantee with no servicing required. That sounds more like it.

rickon
    Free Member

Your best best is to give Simon at Loco Tuning a call, he’ll sort you out – will be able to give you the best advice, and give them a service. He may be about to do something with the wear, but best to ask him first 🙂

Here’s his number: 01443 838 336.

Hi website is about too….. http://www.locotuning.co.uk

Top chap, sorted lots of my stuff and the cost is a lot lower than the usual suspects too.

Loafer
    Free Member

The more I think about it the more I’m inclined to run them into the ground too. Like you say Ecky, they’re not really fit for purpose. I need some forks that don’t need such frequent servicing.

Might give Loco Tuning a call to discuss the options with the Fox 32s in the meantime.

Cheers for your thoughts guys.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Fox Float 32’ is closed to new replies.