Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • fox fit 32's home service
  • crashmagnet
    Free Member

So I have all the bits from mojo to do a basic home service (replace lower leg oil, wiper seals, foam rings) but I’m not sure what to do when it comes to lubricating the air seal at the top of the air assembly.
    Do I grease it with bike grease or use fox float fluid. I’ve read about people doing both but I’m not clear what I should do. If grease then what type of grease should I use. I have motorex 2000 bike grease here but if grease is required is that good enough.

toppers3933
    Free Member

Float oil should be fine.

crashmagnet
    Free Member

Ok so while the fork was in pieces i noticed the air spring still has on eof the foam rings on it under the air seal. From reading various posts on this and other forums in the past this foam ring should be replaced with a scraper seal as they are known to cause issues with oil migration from the lower to the upper.
    I’ve got a new air seal and scraper seal, the problem I now have is that I don’t know which way up the scraper seal that replaces the foam ring goes. Does anybody have any ideas?

crashmagnet
    Free Member

the scraper seal looks like this

The seal gets wider from the solid side to the grooved side.

bullroar
    Free Member

Have a look here:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fox-forks-not-using-full-travel

There is a photo of the foam ring in place and a scraper below it. The replacement scraper goes the other way up to the existing one i.e. wider part upwards.

I just removed the foam ring and the fork is much better for it, not got round to fitting the extra scraper.

crashmagnet
    Free Member

Errm the top air seal is wider part upwards looking at my air spring so doesn’t that make it wider part downwards for the new scraper seal?

😕

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘fox fit 32's home service’ is closed to new replies.