Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Fox F80 RLT forks creaking and clicking
  • Dekerfer
    Free Member

Hello, as per the title, my forks seem to have developed an annoying creaking click which generally manifests itself when the forks return to their original position after being compressed.

Despite having just changed stem and bars, I am pretty sure that the sound is coming from the fork – it does it when then I am pushing down on the fork crown.

Does anyone know the cause and remedy?

vbps
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of F120R’s, and they developed a creak where the stanchions meet the crown about 4 months into owning them.This happended when I put the front brake on, then got worse so that every bump they would creak and make cracking noises. I sent back to Mojo and they replaced the steerer crown and stanchions to fix the problem free of charge(they’re within warranty). They told me to make sure the large silver nuts on the top of the crown were tight to avoid the problem again- so I checked them when they arrived and they were very tight so fitted the forks and went riding. 2 months later and they’re creaking again, so am going to send them back…again!! I had another set of fox forks (Float R) which had to go back twice. I’m wondering whether I should change brand?!!!So in answer to your question – send back to Mojo and they should change the offending parts if still under warranty.

GreenK
    Free Member

If this a sort of sharp tingy creak when braking then I have this too on some F120RLCs. Or rather I did. A weekend at Nant yr Arian seems to have fixed it. 😀

No doubt it’ll be back though!

Anyone out there know if this needs to be fixed?

ScotlandTheScared

Are you sure the bottom race for your headset is properly seated onto the forks? I had this problem recently – I took the headset apart and cleaned every surface in there and on the fork, then re-greased and reassembled – no problems since.

Also, re-check you have tightened your stem/handlebars to make sure its not that.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

That’ll be the steerer tube loosening in the crown, a common problem with older Fox forks, covered by warranty.

njee20
    Free Member

Yes my F100s did that too, particularly when I braked hard on the front brake.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Fox F80 RLT forks creaking and clicking’ is closed to new replies.