• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Fox Evolution forks v FIT3
  • fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    Am considering some new forks and looking at discounted Fox34 2015 forks.
    They are evolution series as opposed to FIT3.
    Any reasons not to buy particularly bearing in mind they are £200 cheaper than the FIT3 version?
    Alternatively could look at Pikes
    Any advice gratefully received
    Cheers
    Steve

Edit:actually looking at the pics a bit closer it appears the Evo forks are non kashima. Can anyone confirm this?

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

I’ve recently bought some OEM 2015 Evolution 34s. They aren’t kashima. I’ve not tried the FIT damper so can’t compare but I can’t fault their performance so far. They’ve got the “you don’t notice they are there and just get on with it” feel of the old Fox 32s that I had. Not sure if that helps you but I like the fork!

chestrockwell

From what I understand the older Evo forks had open bath damping BUT[i] the 2015’s had a version of the FIT damper. Evo and Performance are not Kashima from memory, Factory are.

I’ve just got some 2014 Performance and think they’re really good. Not Pike (Or 2016 34’s by all accounts) good but then they were far cheaper.

mikey74
    Free Member

I found the Evo 32s that came on my 2015 Trance to be pretty wooden feeling. I’ve just replaced them with some RCT3 Revelations, which are much better.

LoCo
    Free Member

Factory, Kashima, FIT damper

Performance, non kashima, FIT damper

Evo, no kashima, non FIT damper.

Go for a FIT dampered Evos are ‘compromised’

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fox Evolution forks v FIT3’ is closed to new replies.