Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Fox Bushing – Cheaper Alternatives?
  • DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Need a complete new bushing set for my new shock and at £20 for a few washers and stuff, seems a little OTT. Are there any cheaper alternatives than what Fox/Mojo offer? BETD etc?

Shock is a Float RL and the frame is a SC Blur 4X.

Dave

retro83
    Free Member

the bushing itself is a DU08

toys19
    Free Member

tf tuned

z1ppy

take an old one (or the DU08 code) to your local bearing supplier, they'll have them in cheap as chips.

messiah
    Free Member

The simple alloy C-style DU bushings you'll get from a bearing shop do not last as long as the O-style plastic jobbies you get from BETD.

foxyrider
    Free Member

BETD myself 🙂

z1ppy

messiah – Member
    The simple alloy C-style DU bushings you'll get from a bearing shop do not last as long as the O-style plastic jobbies you get from BETD.

The price difference means that's irrelevent to me.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Sorry, should have been more clear. As well as the bushing, I also need the spacers that sit between the shock and the frame – would TF/BETD be able to supply those too for less than the £20 that Mojo charge?

Skyliner
    Free Member

I'd rather spend the £20 and get the proper kit. Its your suspension and frame here. Save the few pounds elsewhere.

foxyrider
    Free Member

You'll have to measure the reducer by removing the frame unless someone has teh same frame as you and has already measured it.

TBH You are looking at £18 + postage from BETD for the bushing and reducer. So if fox can supply you with one free postage for £20 then it'll be cheaper and presumably they will fit it for you so no need to buy a bushing tool? Unless you have to do it often then try Mojo for the easier option. If you want to do it yourself then go with BETD 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Fox Bushing – Cheaper Alternatives?’ is closed to new replies.