Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Fox 36 brake disc foul.
  • wobblyrod
    Free Member

I’m currently putting together my Alpine 160 fitted with Fox 36 (FIT RLC) forks. I have come to fit the discs that I have and have hit a snag.

Wheel is a Mavic EX721 built on a Hope Pro II hub alternatively I use a Superstar Voltage wheel set or a Specialized hub but ALL have the same issue. The disc I was going to use is a Hope 203 floating rota, problem is the disc rota arms foul the post mounts on the forks. When I fit a standard rota the clearance opens up but even then it’s only 0.012 – 0.015″ (roughly 1/4mm) has anyone else experienced this and if so was there a way to sort it without resorting to filing the inner edge of the post mount?

Oh, the hub spacers are symmetrical but I tried swapping them over just in case to no avail. 🙁

Rod

Dango
    Free Member

Had this before and just used a non floating rotor, sent the Hope floating rotors back to wiggle and got a refund

Suggsey
    Free Member

Spooky, when I first had my 2013 orange 5AM supplied with V4 tech and floating rotors, no issues. Rode it in tha Peak last Saturday and the floating pins had started to contact the post mount adapter on the front Fox 36 forks too. Cleaned them well and manipulated them by hand and then resorted to pulling the mount away from the wheel as I did the mount bolts back up before remounting the caliper to the mount. Rub solved?…..for now.persistance and patience may be order of the day for you.

wobblyrod
    Free Member

It’s the actual rota arms striking the fork that is the issue. It’s as though the spacers need shimming or the hub needs skimming or the fork post need fettling back?

Rod

MARTINJ
    Free Member

I had the same problem, I filed the fork down a bit and elongated the holes on brake mount to throw the brake out a bit further.

wobblyrod
    Free Member

A ha! just thought… I lied! Not tried the Hope PRO II option, it was a Goldtec. I’ll try the Pro II when I get chance… I think I have a 20mm axle conversion kicking about in the garage.

A lot of bladdy mither though! Might just take a mm off the post????

Having now done a general search it appears to be a very common issue.

Rod

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Fox 36 brake disc foul.’ is closed to new replies.