Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Fox 32 Talas 150 (2010 FIT) tuning
  • MarkiMark
    Free Member

Having trouble tuning my new fork. Wondered if anyone could advise. I now have it set up with lowest rebound damping (fast) and hardest small dump setting. I weigh 170lbs so tried Fox recommended compression at 70psi but fork packed too easily. Now running 85psi, but still packs down too easily. Has anyone else encountered this?

LoCo
    Free Member

How much sag are you getting should be 25 to 33% depending on how you like it. Set the sag with forks at full extension 150mm and stand on the pedals as if your climbing out the saddle.
    TBH I would think the forks feel nasty with the rebound on full fast, probably beating you up a fair bit.
    I ride fox but haven't tried a fit dampered 32 yet so not sure on rebound setting for those pressures. Used to run my 36's about 3 clicks off full slow rebound with standard spring with a bit of preload on.
    I might suggest having a word with mojo just to check!

MarkiMark
    Free Member

Thanks LoCo. Been in touch with Mojo and it seems this is a known problem caused by a faulty internal seal. Thought I'd update the topic just in case anyone else is experiencing this problem so they can get in touch with Mojo.

Rickos
    Free Member

Nice one. It did sound confusing, so nice to know its a fault (if you see what I mean).

LoCo
    Free Member

Yeah, though it sounded a bit strange Talas systems have always been a bit more prone to 'issues' because there's more stuff going on in them.
    Saying that the 3 talas's (talai? 😕 )talas 1 and 2's in 36's i've had have been trouble free.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fox 32 Talas 150 (2010 FIT) tuning’ is closed to new replies.