• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Fox 20wt gold fork oil availability and possible alternatives
  • golfgtdude
    Free Member

Hello there, I’m trying to service some Fox 32 FIT forks but I am unable to find any suppliers of the 20wt Gold oil anywhere in the uk; due to UK distributor issues.

Question is, are there any alternatives.

I’ve spoken to some professional fork service companies in the the UK and they suggest using 10wt oils and it’ll be fine or 20wt of another manufacturer. I’m not completely convinced since I know and read this can have detrimental effects on how the forks respond.

Is anyone else out there in the same boat and what are the options?

somafunk

Putoline HPX R 20wt is a better quality replacement oil.

scotroutes
    BearBack
    Free Member

Gold is a sticky oil.. supposed to reduce stiction and keep it on the bushings longer I think.
    I used to happily mix fox 10wt and float fluid to get a nice sticky lube before good was available.

tdog
    Free Member

Not that I have ever used Putoline in mtb forks but for my motorcycle nothing but Putoline, it’s really high quality stuff ime.

tinglesrack
    Free Member

Hi golfgtdude, You’ve spoken to some professional fork service places and they recommend using 10wt? They’re right! 🙂
    Thats exactly what fox used until last year when they brought out the 20wt Gold. Buy a good quality 10wt or even 15wt and it’ll be absolutely fine. After all its purely for lubrication of the bushes and not the damping. The type of bushes in the fork and the stanchions haven’t changed in donkeys years. If you want to be brand loyal then try and buy the Fox 10wt Green. Hope this helps

golfgtdude
    Free Member

Ok, thanks for the replies. What about fork seals – As those SKF seals ok to use?

DezB
    Free Member
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Fox 20wt gold fork oil availability and possible alternatives’ is closed to new replies.