Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Fox 2013 ctd.. solution to compression damping problem?
  • samj
    Free Member

Hi,

Is there anything that can be done to address the overly linear compression damping of the 2013 range of fox CTD forks which eat through travel too quickly on the rougher stuff.
    I understand this is quite a well known problem, and was wandering if fox had released volume spacer kits or another solution to address it.

Tia
    Sam

rone

Yes, you can contact Mojo and have an upgrade to a 2014 cartridge. Wasn’t massively expensive and worked fine.

samj
    Free Member

Great – thank you.

RickDraper
    Free Member

Push offer a volume spacer top cap, similar to a pikes.

andybrad

add oil to the air chamber?

samj
    Free Member

Rick – do you have a link, or know where i could get hold of one?
    Andy – have you actually done this, or know someone that has?

I’ll probably try to get the 2014 cartridge, but I’m not in the UK and need to check that the fox distributor here can do that at reasonable cost.

Thanks again.

LoCo
    Free Member

2014 upgrade, 2015 due soonish, on the FIT Damper, we can do these, and valve a little too.
    Also you can add float fluid to air chamber so 10ml instead of,5ml which will help ramp up a bit, again we do this and various other adjustments with forks that come in for service.

austen

I got a Push tune on mine from TF, worked a treat.

weeksy

LoCo – Member

2014 upgrade, 2015 due soonish, on the FIT Damper, we can do these.
    Also you can add float fluid to air chamber so 10ml instead of,5ml which will help ramp up a bit, again we do this and various other adjustments with forks that come in for service.

I’ve got 2013’s fitted 32 floats to my Commencal Meta. I’ve not noticed an issue personally, how would this issue manifest itself.

What’s the prices to improve/fix mate ?

samj
    Free Member

Thanks for additional info!

LoCo
    Free Member

Weeksey, We’re/I’m not saying the 2013 CTD 34s are rubbish, have used a set happily for a while when they came out, more that they can be improved as some riders can find them a touch linear on the air spring, so may blow through the travel and feel a bit drivey, also the damper can be found to be a little underpowered, the difference between the C, T & D can be made a bit more defined service costs are on our website & 2014 internal upgrades to the damper is £60, which replaces pistons and a few other bits, along with a full service (damper only)

weeksy

I think those riders may be superior riders to me LOL.

Or maybe I’m just not bloody good enough to know the difference 🙂

LoCo
    Free Member

Riding around the problems like Rossi? 😉

We’ve had a few team riders (seriously quick guys) running 2013 & 2014 upgrades which were benifical although are now running the 2015 36 Float RC2 which are very very good out the box.

weeksy

Riding around the problems like Rossi

The only thing about our riding we have in common is that I own an ‘elements’ GP-Tech replica.

andybrad

the evolution ones were pretty poor tbh as a fork. the 2013 fit ones im now running i cant fault really. I run 10cc in the air chamber as loco says. it kind of makes the fork less divy like its in trail mode but with the sensitivity of descend mode. imo it makes trail mode redundant for 90% of the time.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Fox 2013 ctd.. solution to compression damping problem?’ is closed to new replies.