Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Four bike tow ball mouthed bike rack recomendations?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

My brother has a new car and needs a four bike tow ball mounting rack.

Any recommendations.

steveh

Aiston cycle racks one for me. I’ve had pendle, thule and these in the past and would only use these now. A bit agricultural but very solid and have had 4dh bikes on without problem.

z1ppy

Lot of different ones available knowadays but a few years back a friend had the Pendle wheel support rack & it seemed very good.

DaveE

I use Pendle 4 Wheel support rack. Agree Aiston good if DH or similar bikes just watch nose weight with 4 bike carriers.

ransos
    Free Member

Buzz rack – but check the nose weight limit of the car, as 4 bikes plus rack is a heavy load.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

+1 Aiston, only problem is it doesn’t tilt so any further boot access needs to be over/through the back seat.

Also, 4 bike racks are long and heavy, some manufacturers reduce the nose limit by about 30% to account for the extra length of bike racks. So in some cases a 4 bike rack won’t be legal, in other cases it might be legal but not entirely advisable, I’d be cautious about 4 big bikes on a rack unless the rack is attached to a big 4×4 or a Van.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Does the Aiston one need to have ties from the top of the tailgate to secure it, it’s not that clear from the image on their website.

My bro is going to use if for their run around and kids bikes so the loading shouldn’t be too great.

steveh

No their wheel support one just cantilevers off the towbar mount – thinking about it has to be a standard 2 bolt towbar fitting not a swanneck style for them to work unless they’ve changed.

MussEd
    Free Member

Maxxraxx ones are also a but agricultural but they tilt if access is needed…

badllama
    Free Member

Maxxraxx I have a 4 bike one but I recon 4 would be a squeeze to be honest it looks pretty full up with 3 adult FS MTB on.

dantsw13

Second the buzzrack Quattro – nice piece of kit, and good value.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Four bike tow ball mouthed bike rack recomendations?’ is closed to new replies.