Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Found out at passport control late last night . . .
  • spekkie
    Free Member

PB – it’ was in the late 20’s when we left and 33 halfway up France. Too hot to be driving in a car with no A/C!

welshfarmer

I remember a trip to Niagara Falls some time ago. We wanted to cross the river to Canada to go behind the falls and to say we had been there. We were allowed in and out on a 1 day visitors permit without any paper work or hassle. However, when the border officer stamped my passport she realised she hadn’t changed the rubber date stamp from the previous day. Apparently this would have led to all sorts of issues when I tried to leave later that day! Cue all sorts of swearing, since she then had to stamp me back out of the country on the wrong day and back in again on the correct day. Lucky she noticed!

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Forecast says rain at the end of next week, just in time for my 400mile trip down the length of cataluña. Plenty of time for it to change though.

mogrim

You are back to just buy a crate of this aren’t you .

No longer a problem (at least in Madrid), it’s on sale in my local supermarket 🙂

themilo
    Free Member

I managed to get back into Blighty (in the early 90’s admittedly) with a handwritten letter from “the rep” after I lost my passport in Austria somewhere whilst skiing. Shat myself all the way back only to be waived through without so much as a cursory glance at the folded, tattered, illiterate nonsense I was banking on to save me from a full body search. Course I got home, opened my case and there it was, right on top. Knob.

Clover

My mother made several trips on an expired passport and was completely aghast when border control requested up to date documents shortly after 9/11.

She had managed to drive from Germany to Charles de Gaul airport where they gave her short shrift and refused to let her fly. I think ‘but I’ve been using it all year’ was not really the reason they were looking for. She had to go to the embassy in Brussels whilst my dad caught the flight alone. I think he quite liked that moment.

dudeofdoom

Sat in hotel in Barcelona nervously checking passport dates 🙂

zokes
    Free Member

it’ was in the late 20’s when we left and 33 halfway up France.

So it’s winter in France then? 33 hot? Jeez – some people don’t know they’re born….

spekkie
    Free Member

Where are you zokes? The desert?

#cookin’

zokes
    Free Member

#straya

mikewsmith
    Free Member

33 is a little low to be getting all hot and bothered about 😉 Nice riding temp though

wwaswas

10 year old kid at my wife’s school managed to travel to Poland with his Mum using his Dad’s passport.

Dad only found out 2 days later when he presented ‘his’ passport at checkin desk on Christmas Eve to go and join them. He spent the Christmas break on his own in the UK. They couriered the right passport for the kid over after Christmas so he could get home.

The Dad is 40 and has a beard in his passport photo.

aracer
    Free Member

An overnight coach trip?

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I had a “visa” drawn in my passport, by DJ Erick Morillo

We were clubbing, and mullered (natch) and we’d had to take our passports as ID to get in. My wife “surprised” me by getting Erick (bless him) to draw a “visa” in permy marker, full page.

Been to many countries no dramas. When coming back into Oz once I got a snotty immigration officer who must have been having a bad day, got carted off for a stern chat with border control who advised me that no other country will let me in with a defaced passport. Then looked at the stamps from where I’d been (including in and out of Oz) giggled, and advised me to get it fixed.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

My last trip to NZ, Oz passport control didn’t record me leaving as something was going wong with the computers, NZ had to get permission from Canberra to get me back onto the plane to go home…
    Then a long chat as to how I managed to get out of Oz on my return, helping much that my passport doesn’t have visa attached to it. I now carry the printed version.

spekkie
    Free Member

New passport arrived today. After 11 working days. Can’t complain about that 🙂

philjunior
    Free Member

I realised the day before my wedding I’d lost my passport. As I got married on a Monday, this meant I couldn’t do anything about it until the day of my wedding.

End result? 4 hr turnaround for a new passport. 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Found out at passport control late last night . . .’ is closed to new replies.