• This topic has 66 replies, 36 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by tang.
Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Found on the beach
  • sparkyrhino

^^^Could be ideal,for achieving your user name^^^

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

They deleted it @MCH.

It’s in my post here, tho: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/found-on-the-beach-1#post-7744734

Mowgli
    Free Member

Rather unexcitingly, it’s been confirmed as a solid shot but the police have taken it off anyway. Will have to source another paperweight somewhere.

Stoner
    Free Member

Im guessing you’ve missed out the bit where they congratulated you on bringing it home for them so they didnt have to get wet feet.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Boo! They could have at least blown your worktop up.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Did you let them keep the 50p as a tip?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I guess they don’t wan the hassle of having to come out again in 10 years time when it gets left behind during a house move and the new owners discover an unexploded bomb.

andytherocketeer

When you can see the SS Richard Montgomery from your Nan’s old house, you don’t pick up anything that washes up on the beach.

Still waiting for that to blow.

avdave2

When you can see the SS Richard Montgomery from your Nan’s old house, you don’t pick up anything that washes up on the beach.

Still waiting for that to blow.

Not the only one

“This is the coastal town
    That they forgot to close down
    Armageddon – come Armageddon!
    Come, Armageddon! Come!”

CountZero

Some people have all the luck – never find anything good on the beach

Dunno about good, this is the most interesting stuff I’ve ever found; it’s been a continual source of conjecture how these bits and bobs found their way onto a six mile long beach, all in the same place, I mean, who uses floppies these days?
    And a toothbrush? 😯

andyl
    Free Member

My best “find” is a Jeep Cherokee on the beach at Weston. I think someone had enough of it or thought they were in a land rover.

somafunk

My best beach find is a 60ft fin whale

thepurist

An old diving mate of mine used to lift shells off wrecks then pull out the cordite. We’d stuff that into a hole in the ground on bonfire night and it’d be the best roman candle ever.

5thElefant
    Free Member

I think someone had enough of it or thought they were in a land rover.

It had broken down?

matt_outandabout

We found a near 1m catshark last month, on Abersoch beach. 8)

mrsfry
    Free Member

Wouldn’t it have been easier to drop it through the police station letter box

hammyuk
    Free Member

mrsfry – Member

You’re not still in Belfast now you know….

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I don’t think you understand how big a 50p piece is.

Drac

I found a big pile of whale vomit once, useless so threw it away.

zippykona

I ,well the dog, found this.

CountZero

I found a big pile of whale vomit once, useless so threw it away.

😯
    I hope you’re not seriously suggesting you threw away a lump of ambergris!

mrsfry
    Free Member

I had to google ambergris. Can’t believe vomit is worth money!

Drac

I hope you’re not seriously suggesting you threw away a lump of ambergris!

timber

Worked on a tree felling job with bomb disposal present.
    They seemed very lax about it, anything that didn’t detonate as we dropped trees or dragged them out with the tractor would be slung in their pick-up and taken down the beach to blow up with as much extra explosive stuff they fancied that day.

avdave2

My best beach find is a 60ft fin whale

I found one of those as well, didn’t smell too good I remember.

I also found a divers knife when I was a kid which I still have, that really was a great find when you are 8 or 9.

tang
    Free Member

A friend of my Dad found a bale of Moroccan black, he didn’t turn it in or sell it but gave it all away to friends.
    On the drugs on beaches story, a good friend was in Mexico in the late 80s when they found several massive packages of cocaine. One American they were with couldn’t resist attempting to hide it in his van and drive it back into the states. He was never seen again.

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Found on the beach’ is closed to new replies.