Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Found a 1982 Raleigh Action Bikes (BMX) Catalogue……..
  • romster
    Free Member

One of these turned up at work, brand new, not a tear or mark in sight……and I had the pleasure of sitting and reading it today for ten minutes with a nice brew. Ahhhh man it’s mint!!!

Enjoy!

Raleigh 1982 Catalogue

meehaja
    Free Member

Nice! I was born in 82, but as a teenager I inherited a gold super burner! Wish I still had it now!

Kevevs
    Free Member

82? jesus christ I’m old! remember lusting after a super tuff burner circa 1984?, we were all 12/13 year olds razzing round town (much like bmx kids now). y’know Steven down the road has got an ultra burner?, ooooohhhh!! I got one up on ’em all and got a GT freestyler pro eventually (I learnt how to save). I couldn’t do any tricks, but I had the best bike in my small town. I was 13. I think I’m over it.

radoggair
    Free Member

crikey, 25.5 lbs for top of range machinery. Retro cool

martinxyz
    Free Member

i have a smaller catalogue with the night burner in it. i will look it out some day and scan.

skiboy
    Free Member

i had that catalog !!, wow,

i ended up buying a broken red burner frame from a friend then re-brazing it and that was my first bmx 😀

i later added a chrome burner to the list with a laid back post, TW bars , oval chrome forks, ohhhhh the days,

currently lusting after a Sundays model C 24”, thats my mid life crisis, wife said no more mountain bikes, i have 4, she didn’t say no bmx though 😛

Bagstard
    Free Member

Aah memories! I would like to see the other catalogue with the night Burner etc too. It was the team Burner I always lusted after, but didn’t have a hope of getting.

donks
    Free Member

i had a night burner,

bigjim

awesome , I had the red and yellow Burner and then one that isn’t in there, it was black and red and had ovalised or teardrop tubes. I remember the leather brake pads too!

Junkyard
    Free Member

ultra burner owner and knew John Lee who was sponsored by them and built a track in his dad quarry quality times. Broke it though…walked away though just.

scruff
    Free Member

Burners were 5hit. Team Murray’s with Lester mags were where it was at.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Great thread cheers for posting the brochure, great memories.

I had a Super Burner it was ace 😀

I really wanted some black mag wheels for it but my Dad said no 🙁

That’s why I pimped every bike from then on just ’cause I can 😆

My mate had an Ammaco and that was uber cool.

Stoner
    Free Member

I dreamed of getting a burner. Then my parents bought me a “unisex” shopper instead. bastards. I even used to leave cut out images of blue and yellow burners around the house for them…

Spunking bundles on lots of bikes now Im older is my therapy.

skiboy
    Free Member

Ah yes, my best mate had a team Murray with those mags , I always loved the coaster rear brake
    Only problem was you needed jeff capes to help you bunny hop the thing.

jp-t853

Ultra Burner owner here. I snapped it and got an MRD which is still sitting in my Dad’s shed.

I intend to recondition it when my daughter is old enough, sometimes you wish you had a son. Aahh Scalextric.

crashdummy
    Free Member

I had a red and yellow Burner. It was a great machine. Although I could never mend a puncture and my dad bent a fair few spoon trying to get the tires off… That pleased my mum no end 😛

dunsapie
    Free Member

I Had the red and yellow Burner, snapped the frame. While waiting for a warranty replacement I bought a DP delta 2, then a Haro Group1 which I still have.

scruff
    Free Member

Dunaspie,
    I had a Firebird which the chrome fell off and I had a Delta 2 under warranty. Mate down the road had a Firebird Freestyler.

KT1973
    Free Member

That brings back memories.
    I can’t believe the weight of the things though

Twin
    Free Member

Raleigh extra burner. Sweet.

Sanny
    Free Member

Was the Extra Burner not a homage / straight rip off of the Kuwahara’s they used in ET? Whatever happened to Kuwahara?

I lusted after an Aero Burner as I flicked through the pages of BMX Action Bike. GTs and Skyways were what the rich kids had. 😀

skiboy
    Free Member

yep, extra burner was a total rip of the kuwahara ET, we got to stop this thread or i may own a retro bmx by the end of the day, and a divorce

martin1501
    Free Member

Excellent stuff! Had a Burner GS in metallic silver myself.

scruff
    Free Member

Kuwahara are making bikes again, as are Diamond Back.

bigjim

They aren’t that heavy though are they? My mate had a KHE flatland bmx snd it was over 30lb. You could go through walls with it though.

Can anyone remember what the Burner with teh oval/teardrop tubes was called?

scruff
    Free Member

Aero Burner.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I’ve still got a Burner, the one with the yellow mags.

Ultimate cool bike.

8)

diggers
    Free Member

Quality! Had an Ultra which got nicked then a Pro. Dad sold it to a mate of mine for a fiver after I neglected it for a few years:(

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Found a 1982 Raleigh Action Bikes (BMX) Catalogue……..’ is closed to new replies.