Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Fortnum & Mason
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

I’ve just heard that the queen gets her marmalade from F&M.

Hmph. Shop bought.

neilnevill
    Free Member

well she’d struggle to grow her own oranges…..

Kevevs
    Free Member

do they do Seabrooks crisps?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Seabrooks are crap. I had some once in Bradford, they were rank. They appeal to some Northern people apparently.

Kevevs
    Free Member

worcestershirshire sauce? what about pork scratchings, darts and pool?. got a good jukebox?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well its nice to hear that queen isn’t too proud to do her own shopping ….. gawd bless’er

Although I hope she doesn’t pop down there tonight………it’s full of young middle-class tossers trying to be awfully “revolutionary”

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

what about pork scratchings, darts and pool?. got a good jukebox?

It’s a shop, you philistine.

I dare say they have pork scratchins though. Probbly really really hairy high quality ones.

Napalm
    Free Member

According to police, £15,000 worth of damage inside Fortnum & Mason. Someone knocked over a jar of olives.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I’m from the north but I don’t like Seabrook crisps. I particularly hate how they used to use shit punctuation. ”More” than just a ”Crisp”. WTF is that all about?

Junkyard
    Free Member

personally i hate walkers
    IGMC

CaptJon
    Free Member

People have asked why the protesters occupied F&M, it’s cos proper tea is theft.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

F&M are tea-leaves ?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

So, from an estimated 250,000 people at the demo, there have been 202 arrests. and not all necessarily for violence, but ‘Public Order’ offences, which can include just simply refusing to move when ordered to do so by a copper, or shouting a bit.

So that’s what, less than 0.1% of all ‘protestors’ (bearing in mind the demo will have bin used by militant groups to stage their own protests, and a tiny mindless minority just up for a ruck). I’d reckon most of those arrests won’t ever result in criminal convictions, more like cautions or even just release without charge. Maybe only a quarter or less will ever end up before the beak.

So, hardly major ‘civil disturbance’ then, and quite frankly, hardly worth worrying about. Of course businesses have the right to be protected from crime, as does everyone, but in all honesty, they could’ve taken pre-emptive action and closed for the afternoon. Maybe profit is more important to them than their staff’s safety. And before anyone starts screaming about their right to trade unhindered by criminals and all that; it’s about common sense, innit? I mean, if you’re walking along the road, see a gang of boozed up yobs being all lary, you might not walk through the middle of them; perhaps take an alternative route.

Given the numbers involved, it’s likely there will be a higher incidence of trouble in town centres up and down Britain this, and every, Saturday night, when the pubs and bars kick out…

So don’t wet yer knickers over it, eh?

Sleep tight!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

in all honesty, they could’ve taken pre-emptive action and closed for the afternoon. Maybe profit is more important to them than their staff’s safety.

It had nothing to do with them being opened. The damage I saw to the Ritz and the Lloyds TSB would have occurred whether or not they were shut. The idiots that did it didn’t go into the Ritz to order tea and scones or try to make a cash deposit in Lloyds you know.

If you want to keep things in perspective then I suggest that you compare a few broken windows and some graffiti, with the vandalism which the Tories are doing to Britain in terms of destroying services, communities, and people’s lives.

And the 250,000 estimate is well out btw.

scentofaladyboy
    Free Member

neilnevill

well she’d struggle to grow her own oranges…..

Well, if the rumours are correct she has produced one or two fruits in her time.

🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

It had nothing to do with them being opened.

So you’d prefer a closed shop, Ernie? 😐

If it were closed, then no staff would have bin there, so no risk to them. That’s the bit I’m more concerned about. Sod the stock or shop fittings ffs.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

kimbers

so >99% of the protestors were peaceful
    i wonder what camerons pet paper will emphasise tomorrow??

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So you’d prefer a closed shop, Ernie?

If it were closed, then no staff would have bin there, so no risk to them. That’s the bit I’m more concerned about. Sod the stock or shop fittings ffs.

I am not aware of any staff being injured. Nor do I accept that the usual moronic middle-class “rebels” would pose a serious risk to anyone. I’m not even convinced that the Ritz was open……it certainly didn’t appear to be.

Of course the right-wing press would love it if every time the TUC organised a demo they were able to suggest that people’s lives were in danger.

And as for your suggestion that shops and businesses shut on such events, I’m sure the “anarchists” would love that too…..maybe you’re a secret anarchist ?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What a misleading and irresponsible headline. Typical from a Murdoch rag. Is it real? If not, I doubt it’s far from what some headlines will be tomorrow.

How about ‘Protest is overwhelmingly peaceful apart from a very tiny minority of idiots’, cos that’s actually, y’know, like, the Truth. 🙄

I mean, I bet there’s bin a punch up or two after the boat race today. All that booze, loads of egos, bound to happen. You won’t see ‘Boat Race Thugs Destroy Chiswick’ though will you?

Ernie; I’m no more a ‘secret anarchist’ than I am A Secret Lemonade Drinker.

I do like a sneaky midnight beer though.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Fortnum & Mason’ is closed to new replies.