Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Fort William Down Hill Runs – when do they close for winter?
  • whereisthurso
    Free Member

I’m thinking of heading up there and noticed on the website that they remain open until ‘mid-september’. Anyone know if they’re still open just now? Haven’t tried the red yet and am keen to give it a go this year. Thanks.

ART
    whereisthurso
    Free Member

Argh, how annoying, so I miss out by one day! Had been putting it off for ages due to work. That’ll teach me! Oh well will have to go somewhere else for a trip instead.

Northwind

Been to innerleithen? Probably a better day out, with the choice of tracks etc, and the new uplift is up to 9 runs so less riding than you can get in at the Fort but not by a huge amount.

whereisthurso
    Free Member

Not done the downhill at innerleithen before but to be honest I’m not that great at downhill so had been a bit put off by it. The appeal of the fort william red was that it was moderately easy and I enjoy rock sections etc. Will possibly just go to Laggan instead. Do they have any sort of cafe there any more?

thegman67

The Red at Fort Bill is not easy it’s very gnarly and steep in places. A few guys in our club thought because they can do a trail centre red they could manage Fort Bill red they really struggled.

whereisthurso
    Free Member

Is it any worse than Laggan black?

thegman67

No but it’s 5k long

julians
    Free Member

echo what has been said above, the red at FW is definitely not easy by any definition.

To be honest I didnt find much difference in difficulty between the red and the proper downhill, they’re both on the difficult side, with the downhill being a bit more difficult than the red but not loads.

whereisthurso
    Free Member

Oh well, something to look forward to next year I guess. Any thoughts on Glencoe red as I see it’s still open?

BoardinBob

A lot of good work done on the Glencoe red. It’s not technical but is fast and very very rough.

thegman67

+1 for Glencoe and they have tamed the black down a little

ART

Full on sunshine & dry dusty conditions on the Nevis red downhill today, gotta love an Indian summer. And yes that trail is properly gnarly!

whereisthurso
    Free Member

Going to go to glencoe on Monday then. Will do a few reds probably before working up to the black. Should be good.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Fort William Down Hill Runs – when do they close for winter?’ is closed to new replies.