Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Fort William
  • immybob
    Free Member

Hello everyone,
    I’m heading to Scotland in August and at the moment was planning on going as far as the Tweed valley, however after thinking about it I am wondering wether or not I should go a bit further up to Fort William… I’d love to hear some thoughts off people with experience of the area.
    Thanks.

richmtb

Fort William is a long drive from the Tweed Valley, best part of 4hrs I would have said.

Plenty of riding around there though from trail centre stuff at the Nevis Range including the awesome Nevis Red Downhill to lots of natural stuff around Glen Nevis and Kinlochleven

Northwind

How long do you have? And i suppose, how often will you be doing this sort of thing? There’s huge amounts of riding without getting out of the borders but it’s kind of a shame to “do” scotland and not get up further. Oh and, what sort of riding- trail centres, big natural mountain rides?

Fort William (Nevis Range) itself is imo a day’s riding. The trailcentre stuff is alright but nothing special so I reckon go for the uplift or don’t go at all. The downhill and uplifted red are ace if you’re into that, and kind of iconic to boot so that’s a nice thing to have in your plans. It’s a long drive from the borders so you’d want at least another day’s riding in there, Kinlochleven perhaps (amazing rocky trailbike stuff there and quite easy to navigate) or a big natural mountain ride.

You could easily spend a week riding in the tweed valley alone, though that depends what you want to ride really…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Fort William’ is closed to new replies.