Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Formula the one bleed screw lost in the master cylinder body. Help please.
  • drew

I'm embarassed to say I've just managed to screw the bleed screw all the way past the threads and into the MC body of my formula brake. I've bought the brakes recently off here and needed to bleed the front brake.I realised there was no o ring in place but wasn't expecting to be able to screw the grub screw all the way through. I've removed the piston assembly but that doesn't help. I can see the little bleeder just inside the hole. Anybody Know how I can get access to the inside to remove it. Thanks..

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Are these the old style ones (ie NOT R1 lever)? If you look under the bar clamp, you'll see there's 2 silver inserts where the back half of the clamp bolts on. These have 2 little hex recesses in, so I think you can unscrew them, which will allow you to remove the diaphragm and have full access to the reservoir.

drew

Thanks Jon. I've actually just had a look at the exploded diagram and headed back out to the shed. How did I miss those 2 allen screws! Bleed screw now retrieved.

Anybody Know where you can buy the o rings from. Its my guess they'll all be missing and I don't want to buy 4 screw kits at £7 a time.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Formula the one bleed screw lost in the master cylinder body. Help please.’ is closed to new replies.