Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • formula rx reach adjust
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

as somebody mentioned before the reach adjust screw is quite hard to get to on the lever, well not hard as such but a bit awkward….it looks like it will round the head very very very very very very easily….

the levers feel great at the minute, they are an incredible brake, and im guessing are fully out by the stretch of my fingers on the levers….i would like to bring the levers in ever so slightly for perhaps one finger braking….

i had a quick look with a multi tool 2mm allen head and tried to turn very lightly….i then panicked and pulled it out as it didnt look like it was in all the way…..

if im looking at the bike straight on in front of the brakes, which way do i need to turn the allen key to get it to move inwards to wards the bars?? just dont want to round the head already…

ohh and which type of 2mm allen key is best? as the one on my multi tool would have rounded it had i gone any harder on it 🙁

bloody impressive brakes though!

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

anyone pleeeeease?

ahhhjrene
    Free Member

Give me 10 minutes i’ll go check

ahhhjrene
    Free Member

Looking at the bike straight on, in front of the bars, turn the allen bolt clockwise to move the lever out. You can’t get the RX levers very close to the bar though, I think this is common across the Formula range.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cheers folks – ahhhjrene if you can check just to make doubly sure 🙂

i htink i turned it slightly clockwise, hence it probably not moving a great deal as i think they are out all the way…..

i can see it being very very very very easy to round this though 🙁

they are much better imo being far out than too close to the bars, but i dont have the longest fingers so i just need them in a little more….not much just a bit more…

so were saying anticlockwise on both sides front on will send the levers in slightly..

ahhhjrene
    Free Member

Yes. Standing in front of the bike, turn the allen bot clockwise to send the lever out.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cheers for confirming, so inwards anti-clockwise 🙂

thanks folks….

is one of these type of allen keys the best to attack it with?

http://www.puredisplay.com/pureshop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=268&idcategory=37

also just to check it is defo a 2mm one? i got no instructions with mine 🙁

ahhhjrene
    Free Member

Yup, 2mm. Any allen key will do. If you meet resistance dont push it and damage the threads, drop the bike in to your LBS.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘formula rx reach adjust’ is closed to new replies.