Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Formula RX brakes
  • RicB

Anyone seem uk prices for these yet?

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=570090

Probably going to treat myself to some new brakes at xmas and these caught my eye, although I'm not sure about Formula spares availability compared to say Hope.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

You can gets spares, it isn't as easy as getting hope bits, but at least you need them less often 😉

RicB

I've struggled with my Formula Oros and spare parts.

I know Formula do sell spares separately but CRC/lbs never seem to have any in stock and getting them takes a good few weeks.

juan
    Free Member

Well I can't really comment on spares to be honest. I have mine for a bout 2 weeks now. Mind you the formula workshop is down the road and I mean litterally down the road.
    I terms of feeling, they won't be as hard as hope brake, they'll feel a bit more spongy, but they are very powerful nevertheless.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Contrastingly to RichB, I've been able to get all the spares I've ever needed for my Oros, mostly by looking slightly further than CRC.

UKBikestore hold good stock, although the website isn't so great at updating stock, so always worth giving them a ring.

tinsy
    Free Member

The bloke just wanted to show us how his new reflector will match his expensive hubs..

RicB

Lol!

I obviously looked further than CRC/LBS Scienceofficer but couldn't be arsed to list all the places (including UKBikeStore) I tried to get a MC piston set and caliper piston/seal kits from

No-one heard anything about rrp then?

Bimbler
    Free Member
    FOG

Don't know about RXs but K18s are rubbish. Mine have seized three times and have needed bleeding twice and the master cylinder has had to be rebuilt with new seals all in just 9mths from brand new. Great stopping power but just too unreliable, I am going for Hopes, at least you can get all the bits easily and you can bleed them with out a £40 special kit.

RicB

Cheers Bimbler – must have missed that. Hoping for £120 sans rotors then 🙂

My K18s have been great, no problems since buying in 2007. My K24s had the infamous piston seal problem, fixed under warranty.

Plus my bleed kit was £12 and is much easier than an open reservoir to bleed – better quality bleed too from all accounts. Have you seen how much the official Hope bleed kit is ooi? 🙂

tbh I think disc brakes are so intricate yet deal with such forces that anyone can have problems with any set.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

have you every dismantled a set of mtb hydraulic brakes?

Intricate they are not.

RicB

FYI – UKBikestore are getting some stock in mid-Dec. £108 for each brake, plus rotors

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Formula RX brakes’ is closed to new replies.