Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Formula R1/ the one leaking master cylinders
  • drew

I bought some R1s of another forum a while back and after fitting them the other day discovered the master cylinders leak at the handlebar clamp. They’re early ones and I’ve read that there were issues with them leaking. Anybody got experience of dismantling and/or ordering parts for these. Thanks. Andrew.

onandon
    Free Member

Hi Drew, loads on info on Weight weenies about this.
    Mine did the same thing until I gave the round cover at the back of the cylinder half a turn – sorted. no issues 6 months on.

no special tool’s, I used a pair of these 🙂

drew

Thanks on and on. I tightend them a smidgeon but they seemed quite tight already and there were marks round the holes suggesting some one may have got there before me.I did’nt want to overdo it as I have a habit of breaking things! One of them p—–s fluid out so I thought it may require delving a little bit further.

onandon
    Free Member

Leak info

give this a try for info.

drew

Thanks, I think I may well have a problem with the diaphragm having looked at that. I Contacted Silverfish about servicing & parts but they suggested I try my nearest Formula retailer in the first instance. Primera Sport is my local supplier so I’ll ring them on monday and see if they can get the caps for me. I could well end up spending the same as it would have cost to buy them new, especially with some of the deals around at the moment. That’ll learn me as they say.

onandon
    Free Member

Don’t give up just yet, I’d try removing the plate completely to see whats going on inside. it could be incorrectly seated !?!?.

So what are these R1 bargains you speak of 🙂 I’d love another set for a good price.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Formula R1/ the one leaking master cylinders’ is closed to new replies.