Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Formula R0 vs Hope Tech 3
  • Daffy

Which and why? I need to make a decision today if I want to ride on Friday..

Help me decide please?

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

I’ve go RO great brakes, had R1s before not a huge difference but I am a bit of a formula fan boy so I cannot comment on the hopes. Never felt I need any more that the RO even on DH stuff

Daffy

Anyone have any experience of the newer Hopes?

Yetiman
    Free Member

My new R0 brakes are very nice indeed. An improvement over The Ones.

Have you seen the R0 deal from Merlin?

chiefgrooveguru

I have Hope Tech 3 E4 on my Spitfire. Tons of power but it comes in gradually so you can control it, just like the Race Evo M4 on my Soul – however the new levers allow you to get them really perfectly set up with respect to reach and bite point. They actually feel more powerful than the M4s, maybe because the pads are even bigger?

creamegg
    Free Member

Ive got tech 3 v4’s and theyre my favourite brakes so far. Not had a go at everything out there including formulas but im very impressed by them

blairc70
    Free Member

I’ve run T1, RX and Hope race evo M4 & Tech X2.

Hopes are easier to set up, bleed and have a gradual feel.

Formula feel like they have more power but its more of an on/off. Quite a bit lighter too.

If your wanting to use hope floating rotors go with the Tech 3.

haggis1978

Ive owned all makes of brakes over the years and i’ve completely switched to Formula now. I bought a set of Formula ORO biancos from formulas own website and as a result of that i bought another 2 sets. Then bought The Ones to check them out and they were superb and before i got the chance to buy 3 sets of them i bought a set of ROs and ended up buying 3 sets of them now. The ROs are the best brake ive ridden by far and there are some great deals going on them just now as well. Money well spent i’d say. Plus hope are ugly looking brakes and i dont like their graphics, stupid lines drawn all over the lever 😈

Formula:Smooth, Shiny, Nice 😀

Edit: Of couse these are what i have owned over the last couple of years and so obviously i think theyre the best. I’m sure theres nowt wrong with the Hopes and if they sort out their looks a bit i might go back and try a set in a few years but just now theyre expensive and ugly. And there’s deals to be had on the Formula. Have a look on formulas store on their site there might be something in there

vikingboy
    Free Member

I agree, nothing would replace my RO’s, best modulation with for me is more important than outright stopping power, although they are tops for that in many tests anyway. Get the ROs.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Formula R0 vs Hope Tech 3’ is closed to new replies.