• This topic has 23 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Jay.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Formula pads @ CRC – HOW MUCH?!!
  • bonesetter
    Free Member

Has the world gone mad? CRC want £23 for a set of Oro pads

Gods Holy Trousers! (Sean Connery accent, Man Who Would Be King voice). What have we come to?!

RealMan
    Free Member

Superstar.

IanB
    Free Member

geordiepaul
    Free Member

CRC prices have gone mental on some things lately.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

crikey, and I thought paying £18 an end for ashima pads for shimano brakes was bad in my LBS!

jamiew84
    Free Member

i paid £18 for 4 sets of pads on xc racer… at 4.50 a set i dont care if they wear faster. 🙂

Northwind

Superstar pads tested and proven in 3 sets of Oros for me, superb pads… Use the kevlars mainly though you’ll want sintered for gritty mud. They’re not just cheap, they’re cheap and excellent- brake better than OEM, no fade or overheat issues even under outright torture, slightly less lifespan than OEM.

bonesetter
    Free Member

£4-50 is a great price

I’m still hesitant about Super S stuff though

Northwind

If you like, you could find one of the other internet retailers selling the same kit for more?

backhander
    Free Member

I’ve had sintered superstars in my the ones for the whole winter no problems at all. Mainly riding in the welsh muck.

chilli
    Free Member

There’s a guy on ebay doing 4 pair of fibrax for £35+ £2 postage.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I bought a load from fibrax direct.

MrTall
    Free Member

Nige, me and Mick use Disco pads and have had no problems with them at all. A choice of types from around a fiver to a tenner.

I had one set of Superstar delaminate on me and have not used them since although i hear they seem fine again now though.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Yeah, but you and Mick don’t ride any hardcore gnarl 😯 😉

I’ll give Disco a go I think next time, thanks all for suggestions

chakaping
    Free Member

Aren’t Formula distributed by Silverfish now?

They’re not really known for their reasonable RRPs.

oldfart

oh and out of interest my RX rotors went as thin as tissue after 3 months in Whistler and i was told warranty invalid because if i didn’t use Formula pads !The fact that nobody in Whistler sells them is neither her nor there apparently !

bonesetter
    Free Member

What, you didn’t take enough spare? 😀

Bimbler
    Free Member

Looks like Silverfish is trying to reposition the brand by making them completely unaffordable. I’ve been using Superstar sintered since the time a couple of years ago when brand new Formula Oro (non-sintered) pads lasted a whole one and a half rides.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Funnily enough, I found a sealy bag in my spares box with 4 pairs of brand new sintered Formula pads for Oro’s yesterday.

If anyone wants to make me an offer on them, go for it, as I no longer have any Oro’s for them to go with!

cubemeup
    Free Member

i posted on here a few months back about the price of the rotors @ £64.99!! total rip off in my eyes but CRC have them for £39.99 not sure if you will get the 2010 style though.
    superstar all the way for me but i do find that the pads in my RX brakes have last me some time now

FOG

I’m with Discobrakes too. Just bought 2 pairs for my K18s for £10.50 and they were delivered incredibly quickly e.g. ordered Thursday night 9pm.ish, delivered Saturday morning

OmarLittle
    Free Member

How are the discobrakes ones for size? I had difficulty fitting the superstar ones compared to the formula ones

bonesetter
    Free Member

Where’s the best place to get the disco’s from?

Jay
    Free Member

The Woolly Hat Shop does A2Z Oro Pads for £5.99, or you could get 4 pairs for £19.96. I’ve been using A2Z pads myself with no problems.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Formula pads @ CRC – HOW MUCH?!!’ is closed to new replies.