Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • formula oro potential problem?
  • sadexpunk

just been to check bike over for hopefully riding this weekend. took pads out, hmmm halway worn, leave em in and take spares. when i put em back in tho, and tightened up the pin that goes through the pads, the wheel stuck and wouldnt turn.

just been playing around, and it looks like with the pin out, the pads arent binding, and the wheel spins free. keep tightening a little bit, little bit more, just get to the point where it barely tightens, and its still free.
    nip it up, and when im pulling brake on, one of the pads isnt retracting. so for some strange reason, tightening the pin up seems to stop a pad retracting!! :-/

options are – leave it very slightly nipped and hope it doesnt work loose.
    or……..thats it isnt it?

i dont use those cirlips on the end, as you just cant take em off mid ride, and people said they dont use them anyway. plus ive lost mine now :-/
    ive put a little o ring on the end instead, but how effective thatll be i dont know.

anyone come across this before? and suggestions?

thanks

MrNutt
    Free Member

you using the "H" spring things?

sadexpunk

yup

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Edukator
    Free Member

Clean up the hole in the pads with a small round file.

VanHalen

some pads are a bad fit.

i`ve had to file away some edge of the backing before to get em to work.

sadexpunk

yeah ive had to do that before too. Ill open the holes out a bit this afternoon and grease the pin too. Thanks.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Its probably some debris in the brake preventing the pad sitting back exactly where it was, thus, the pins is tightening on an angle and gripping the edge of the pin hole.

richtea
    Free Member

i usually have to file away the back of pads too. goodridge ones are so thick i can't even get them in, in stock form!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘formula oro potential problem?’ is closed to new replies.