Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Formula MEGA (the later one with new lever) opinions??
  • RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

I’m eyeing up the bargains around at the moment and I can get a pair of Forumla Megas for about £140.

What are people’s opinions?!

Ta

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Someone must have tried them?!

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Anyone at all?

Thanks!

Skyline-GTR
    Free Member

All Formula brakes are SHIYTE!
    END OF.

Northwind

What a load of mince Skyline 😆

I’ve not actually used a Mega but by all accounts it’s an Oro, turned up a bit. The Oros are really excellent, rock solid allround brakes so that should work well, but tbh I’ve never felt the need for more power than Oros with big rotors can provide anyway- they’re pretty mighty, and even trying to burn them out at fort william had no ill effects at all even though the rotors were sizzling.

So that’s probably not all that helpful but you seemed lonely :mrgreen: I’ve got Oros on all my bikes now, from the rigid XC bike to the 6 inch full suss and they’re superb for all 3. Can’t fault them in the slightest and I’m a right picky sod.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Cool, cheers!

I’ve heard that the Mega is basically the same as The One but without all the adjustments etc.

I’m quite tempted by them especially at the silly price they’re going for..

dreednya

I have the OneMy10s with 180 rotors front and back and they are awesome. You can hair into corners and brake at the last moment scrubbing off all the speed you want with great modulation. I did have to change the way I used my brakes however when i got them. It turned out that i used to drag my brags slightly, but if you do that with these you stop! So I now don’t touch them until I need them, much more flow and speed 🙂

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

I think the latest ones have a new lever compared to the ones I’m looking at.

Still it all sounds pretty positive!

flyingmonkeycorps

I think the Ones have a single piece caliper as well over the Mega, but power and modulation should be similar. I’ve just ordered a set of Ones but they’ve not come yet so I can’t say anything really!

portlyone

I have some on my Heckler, the front one arrived faulty. The lever goes to the bar with little stopping power. Had it flushed/bled but the problem returned. On it’s way back to CRC/Formula now under warranty…

awesom-o
    Free Member

I’m glad you started this thread Ropeyreign, I’m having the exact same dilema…I was ready to get the K24s then saw the Megas, I’m a bit lump at 240lbs so I figure the extra power wouldn’t be wasted….did you make a decision yet?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Formula MEGA (the later one with new lever) opinions??’ is closed to new replies.