Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Formula K24, small Torx screw. Snapped bit in there.Grrrrrr
  • weeksy

Was just sorting and checking my brakes on the Bionicon, undid what i assumed was the span adjuster screw, however, i think it’s actually the bleed screw… Small Torx head, when i re-tightened, the bloody bit snapped inside the head.

I don’t think getting the screw out will be too difficult, but i need a replacement… any ideas ?

weeksy

Arse…. the answer is… £8 from your LBS for bleed screw kit.

Speshpaul

Formula have a long history of this, anyone remember B1’s?
    A well directed fart could break them.
    Try your local fastening or bearing suppliers, you might not get a identical copy but it might not be made of cheese and bag of them will only be a pound or so.

weeksy

thanks for the info…

stoney
    Free Member

Chuffin formula brakes…..Utter garbage from what i can gather…. My mate has had 2 sets, the first he thought was just a bad set…..NO, the second has been crap as well…..

Ive had my Hopes 3 years and rode the same stuff twice a week(mostly really stupid steep/rocky) and theyve been flawless!

Nuff said……. 😉

Northwind

Not sure how you could mistake the bleed adjuster on a Oro for a span adjuster tbh? Drop me a pic of the part you’ve damaged- I’ve just recently scrapped a set of K24s for spares, might well have what you need. (andrew@blackjack.f9.co.uk)

Also- Stoney, Speshpaul, did you miss the part where it was the tool that broke not the brake? 😕

weeksy

The answer is mate,

I’ve not played with them until yesterday. So i had no clue what bit was what. I’ve still not actually found the span adjuster LOL.

Will drop you a pic in a little while.

Ta.

weeksy

Silver fooker in the middle.

khani
    Free Member

That’s the bleed port, the reach adjuster is in a tiny hole in the front of the lever blade itself!.

weeksy

Yeah i know that now. 🙂

However, i don’t recall seeing the one inside the lever.. which is funny becuase i DO have one there for my K18’s….that i’ve used for adjusting the lever out on them… i want to adjust it in slightly on the K24’s.

easy_riderok
    Free Member

Have some bits from crash damage k18s. You can have for price of postage. Let me know… 🙂

philfive
    Free Member

If it had been a caliper bolt you could of had one of my spares.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Formula K24, small Torx screw. Snapped bit in there.Grrrrrr’ is closed to new replies.