Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Formula 1
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yeah, it is really boring isn't it?

😉

clubber
    Free Member

Rubbish.

Hated every minute of it.

Funny thing is I've made the effort to watch more of the MotoGPs recently but I just can't get into them which makes it clear to me that half of the excitement/enjoyment isn't the actual action but whether you actually care about it or not. MotoGP is occassionally exciting for me but typically when I see one guy pretty easily overtake another, I just couldn't care less. Obviously there are some manoevers that are proper heart stopping and that'd great but I just don't see that there's significantly more of that really exciting stuff than in F1.

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Clubber – I reckon your right. I used to watch F1 religiously. Got fed up a couple of years back. Starting the get back into it a bit, remebering who drives what and which teams are where. Tried it with bikes and found myself fast forwarding to the crashes and then stopped watch it.

glenp
    Free Member

Another instant classic of a race. Thoroughly enjoyable on many many fronts.

Very hard on my favourite, Webber. Although Vettel has had his share of mechanical problems already this year.

Bring on the next race! McLaren are prob going to get that one too (Valencia suits their car), but Ferrari will have a big package of stuff too, so I wouldn't rule Alonso out of the fight by any means.

A five-way fight for the Championship, with three former WDCs, one young guy who will surely win it soon and one old hand who (I think) deserves the results.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Canada was brill!

Shame F1 needs either rain or bad tyre choices by Bridgestone to be good.

ddmonkey

Certainly makes a difference when you have got 5 drivers from three teams with a realisitic chance of taking the win… great race. Plus Schumi and his dick dastardly impressions to keep everyone entertained.

Amazing when you consider how dull the fisrt race was, really enjoying this season.

Its not bad tyre choice its the fact that if you don't look after your tyres you'll pay for it, further evens out the playing field without refuelling and creates overtaking, all good.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Shame F1 needs either rain or bad tyre choices by Bridgestone to be good

The conditions and the tyres are the same for all – management of both issues is a skill in itself.

Junkyard
    Free Member

my kids watch it for the crashes dont get it at all. How much of the commentary time is taken up discusing tyres Very dull IMHO

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I thought the Alonso<>Hamilton ding-dong coming out of the pits was mental. Fantastic race, amazing late braking going on, amazing twists and compelling viewing.

To be honest I usually end up fast forwarding through most races as I never have time to sit down and watch them all so usually wait for my wife to go to bed then go through it on FF but I stayed up late and watched the whole race last night.

BillyWhizz
    Free Member

Wouldn't a move like that be considered dangerous? I'd have thought as soon as Hamilton realised the part of the road he wanted to drive on already had a car on it he'd have had to have given way?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I'd have thought as soon as Hamilton realised the part of the road he wanted to drive on already had a car on it he'd have had to have given way?

Yeah, you would think so – it has happened to Hamilton before too (last season). He got away with hit then too IIRC.

Trimix
    Free Member

There are a lot of sports that dont excite unless you know the teams, riders/driver and some background detail. If you just want to switch it on and enjoy the action without knowing much almost all sports wont satisfy you.

When I used to work in the F1 industry it was good to watch, but now Im not that bothered. I can see why its boring if your not "into" it.

But why moan ? – switch over instead, or go out on your bike. Unless they spray the track with water and fit greasy tyre it will always be a bit boring for many.

FuzzyWuzzy

Was entertaining but I still think F1 races are too long, 50 laps would have been enough even with all the action (I think this is part of the reason MotoGP is usually more watchable). Tyres were certainly a bigger issue than usual due to the insane wear rate but sure it applies to all teams (although variances between the cars on how kind they are to the tyres means it's not simple generic strategy choice to make).

rootes1

To be honest I usually end up fast forwarding through most races as I never have time to sit down and watch them all so usually wait for my wife to go to bed then go through it on FF but I stayed up late and watched the whole race last night.

what the 7 minuter condensed version in iplayer

more ralf and mickey pics here:

http://sniffpetrol.com/category/ralf-and-mickey/

BillyWhizz
    Free Member

Anyone know how much F1 tyres cost each? Roughly?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I believe they are about £3k each but I have no idea where I got that from.

It seems I was right to an extent…

What is the cost of a set of tyres for the EJ12?
    The cost of a set of Bridgestone Formula 1 tyres is estimated at £3,000. I can't tell you what it costs Jordan however!

Just got the single/set price bit wrong. 🙂

It can cost that much for a set of performance road tyres!

GaryLake
    Free Member

The conditions and the tyres are the same for all – management of both issues is a skill in itself.

I think you're arguing the same point as me there…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Formula 1’ is closed to new replies.