Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • former mtb-wales.com users
  • SaxonRider

I just visited the site after staying away for a number of months because of its apparent demise.

It seems that all of the spam has been removed and people have been posting again.

Hopefully this state of affairs continues.

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

Sites dead! Lots of issues over there and the guy who owns the site isnt interested anymore.

donsimon
    Free Member

I thought it was a political/personality thing too, creating too many problems for admin.

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

Loads of arguing and issues on there a couple of years back ruined the site. Was a great resource 5 years ago but all the old users havefled. As for the owners ambivelence towards the site just look at the homepage-the homepage which was due to be updated soon has been the same for 2 years or so. Everyone has run away!

No posts in 3+ days on the forum…. Id say thats pretty dead!

scratch
    Free Member

There’s about 3 users on there now? Those posts are beards old.
    Real shame, I met pretty much everyone I know riding wise on the old site since moving down to Wales in 2005, was a really useful site and good resource back in the day.

The politics was just work boredom like anywhere else, made life a bit of a drag for the volunteer mods.

*Waves at old MTB-W users*

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

Waves back hellooooo!

Plenty of spam here ugg boots wtf?

http://www.mtb-wales.com/groups/

SaxonRider

Oh, I know about the spam! I was just optimistically referring to this post when I said that the spam seemed to have been removed.

The loss of mtb-wales is indeed unfortunate.

*Joins in the mutual waving, albeit under a different username*

Ambrose

Hi Guys- I kept my user name on there the same as here, even after STW was hacked a few years ago.

Technology moves on. I keep in touch with a lot more riders nowadays via Facebook, concentrating on the Amman and Swansea Valley area, but linking through to eg Clyne Riders, WDMBA and a few others. Interestingly, the pathetic bitchiness that sometimes, often prevailed on MTBWales is wholly absent.

And the Wednesday night 7:00PM rides continue.

Pigface
    Free Member

Let it die, it was a miserable place where if you said the wrong thing you got avalanched by all sorts of numpties.

MKCHRIS
    Free Member

Hi Ambrose,

I joined MTBWales a couple of weeks back and that was a mistake-it looks pretty dead,got lots of wedding dress spam mail.

I’m in Pontardulais- will have to join in one Wednesday,where do you go?

Chris

dreednya

It is a shame, but mid Wales riders can now look at the Brechfa mtb site or Ystwyth-mtb, the latter based around Aberystwyth with many of the original mtb-wales.com posters still active 🙂

monkey_boy
    Free Member

its was a good site about 5 years ago, until the guy who runs it lost interest. dont blame him at all as he has other commitments but if your going to run a site like that its hard to keep it going.

there were a few idiots on there mind, think they knew it all.

chakaping
    Free Member

there were a few idiots on there mind, think they knew it all.

Hmmm, sounds strangely familiar.

I’ve often thought the Welsh seem to be a little under-represented on this forum, or perhaps some of you just keep your heads down?

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

Yep….. Baaaaaaa!!!!!!!

Too busy riding to post on here. Ambrose do you teach in the tywyn bach?

SaxonRider

chakaping – Member

I’ve often thought the Welsh seem to be a little under-represented on this forum, or perhaps some of you just keep your heads down?

We’re a shy and humble lot.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Speak for yourself….Im AWESOME 8)

taxi25
    Free Member

Just clicked on mtb-wales for a quick look. Instantly diverted to a naked pic ( photo shopped ) of Emma Watson 😯 . Probably not the safest site on the web.

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

Expellibra-less!!!

Ambrose

@ Dr Nick, Ysgol Glanymor.
    @ MKCHRIS- evening rides most Weds are local, within 45- 60 mins drive of Glanamman/ Garnant (Home). Weekend rides- Quantocks, Mid Wales, N Wales, the usual places.
    Weekends to Devon, Cornwall, Snowdonia, Leith/ Pitch Hill etc

And an annual trip to the Alps is usually fun too 🙂

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘former mtb-wales.com users’ is closed to new replies.