Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Forks that return to their full travel at a flick of a switch
  • giddyrob
    Free Member

Hey,

is it just me or do the guys who make our forks need to have a system so you can return to full travel on the fly?

I have some pikes and appreciate being able to wind them down when it all gets a bit steep for my all mountain fs. I can wind them down on the fly as the u-turn allows this. Problem is I have to get off the bike to wind em back out again. I would rather get rid of the motion control lock, which is basically redundant, and replace it with the new system. I ride trails not roads!

Thoughts?

druidh
    Free Member

Marzocchi ETA with remote does this

RepacK
    Free Member

Fox TALAS – flick the switch, pop a wheelie & the forks push straight out.

giddyrob
    Free Member

That’s a start but fox + rock shox need to get on it!

giddyrob
    Free Member

hmmmmm, kinda then!

Why are Rock Shox not bothering? Just in case we want to do the tour de france on some pikes?

schwimoid
    Free Member

Manitou infinte travel, Magura flight control, Marzocchi ETA, pretty sure the maverick forks and Rockshox 2 Step System are on the fly aswell.

cynic-al
    Free Member

patent issues?

I agree btw – much better system

Hairychested
    Free Member

Manitou RTWD is good too.

simondbarnes

Why are Rock Shox not bothering?

The Lyrik 2 step forks that I used last weekend return to full travel at the flick of a switch.

giddyrob
    Free Member

hope they drop the technology down to the pike! Though I guess I would need to buy the new forks with the technology 🙁 Or just get some lyriks whacked on 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

giddyrob – Member

hope they drop the technology down to the pike! Though I guess I would need to buy the new forks with the technology [:(] Or just get some lyriks whacked on

😕 mibbe just buy some forks NOT made by RockShox?

jonb
    Free Member

IME can’t beat the ETA sytem. Lock down rather than out which makes climbing easier. Back to full travel at the turn of a lever. It’s all the adjustment I’d need.

giddyrob
    Free Member

Rock Shox rule!

Fox are great but expensive.

not gonna change my forks just yet, but the next ones I buy will have to have that feature.

giddyrob
    Free Member

to lock the front fork on some of the terrain I try to get up would suck!

stevomcd
    Free Member

ETA is fantastic, really, really good system. Totally agree that soft lock-down is WAY better than solid lock-out.

That said, I’ve just put some U-turn Lyriks on my Heckler. Going to put up with the slow change as we don’t really do that much climbing here (and what we do do is a BIIIIGGGG climb followed by a BBBBBIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGG descent), going to use it more so that I can switch from 130mm ish for singletrack to 160mm for DH.

DezB
    Free Member

Pace/DT Swiss Launch Control does (or used to). Either hit a big enough bump, pump hard down on the bars, or flick the switch back up to return to full travel.

allyharp

ETA was fantastic while I had it.

Would definitely have bought an ETA fork again but Marzocchi seem to use it very sparingly.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Forks that return to their full travel at a flick of a switch’ is closed to new replies.