Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Forks: Salsa Cromoto vs Exotic Carbon (29er).
  • Kryton57

I was led to believe the Salsa might be more comfortable but I’ve found it very stiff in comparison to the Exotic.

Anyone else compared this two – whats your view?

miranmtb
    Free Member

For my substantial weight (220lbs) the exotic was way too flexy, much prefer the steel salsa.
    Moved from alu to carbon bars now which i like.
    For me carbon bar with steel fork is the best compromise.

Northwind

I really liked my Exotics for the comfort and flex- though hard braking was like drawing a bow 😆 Haven’t used the cromotos so can’t comment on that but I’m not sure I’d want to ride a flexier fork than the Exotic. The only steel forks I’ve used are 90s Tange and a recent On One, which was pretty solid and didn’t do much for comfort.

unovolo
    Free Member

For me carbon bar with steel fork is the best compromise. SNAP!

Thats what I have on my Retro build and find that its actually pretty good for comfort combined with accurate tracking.

takisawa2

I found steel forks more comfy, also went to carbon bars but old fashioned non oversize ones. Also Lizard Skinz NorthShore grips. Forks were Singular Swift steel ones, but using Niner steel ones now.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I had salsa cromoto and Exotic carbon (Nuke Proof decal) on the same bike. Found the carbon forks preferable (weight and certain amount of give), the carbons do flex alarmingly tho, especially on the brakes.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Forks: Salsa Cromoto vs Exotic Carbon (29er).’ is closed to new replies.