Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • forks for turner 5spot
  • Matt_SS_xc

I picked up a turner 5spot from ‘uphilla’ earlier in the week – it looks perfect, cant wait to build it. However…I planned to fit my talas 140mm forks but have just had “the” call from Mojo saying the stanchions have had it and its a £270 repair bill. Dont think i’m going to bother….

So i’m now in the market for some new forks. What is everyone running on their 5 spots? any reccomendations? I was thinking possibly 150 rev’s but not sure.

Im a trail rider, not very heavy so don’t need super strong it will be my do everything bike.

I guess im also on the look out for some forks if anyone has anything.

cheers!

wwaswas
    simontee
    Free Member

I have just gone from Fox 36 Vanillas to Rev 150s on my DW 5 spot. Drops 2lbs of weight off the front, and I actually prefer the feel & damping of the Revs (which I really didn’t expect). Really happy with the bike fork combination now.

Simon

midlifecrashes

Mine feels right with Vanillas (130)

ikimbunza
    Free Member

I’ve just sold my 5spot frame and now need to sell my forks. They are 2010 fox talas 100/130/150 qr15 FIT and suited it perfectly. Open to offers but looking for around £330 plus postage. Email in profile if you are interested. Immaculat condition…

Vortexracing

Revs suit mine perfectly

granny_ring

I’d suggest some that you can adjust from 120-150mm

rickon
    Free Member

How about just asking mojo to upgrade the uppers to a Kashima CSU? Cheaper than new forks but theyll be blunt and slippy.

dickie
    Free Member

What 5 Spot model?
    What axle will your wheel take?

I’d fit the Talas above if the frame takes a standard steerer & wheel is QR15 – I think Horst & TNT Spots were designed around 130mm forks but some fit 140mm.

elliott-20
    Free Member

Does the repair bill include some kind of service? Personally, depending upon their age, I would probably send them to Mojo.

It’s still looks like your cheaper option and will be a better fork because of it.

In the longer term you could then sell them on to at least regain some, if not all, of that repair cost and get some new forks. Without repairing them they’re just an expensive paper weight.

Just throwing out another option.

Hadge
    Free Member

I ran both my old HL 5 Spot with Van 32’s and Float 32’s and my current DW Link runs the new 2011 Float 140mm’s and it feels great. I know they recommend the 150mm’s for DW Links but the axle-to-crown length is the same and I’ve not found the head angle steep at all.

Regarding your forks it really depends on how old they are. If they’re old Talas forks then £270 is a lot of money to pump into them as when you come to sell you will have to write that repair bill off but buying some new now will also mean that. If the forks are cosmetically mint it’s a good option get them repaired but I’d be tempted personally get some new forks that come with a warranty. I do like my Floats as I found they “feel” like a coil fork but without the weight penalty. I’m selling some brand new top-of-the-range Revs in the classifieds that might be up your street though. They do have a warranty too.

rickon
    Free Member

New Kashima coating includes a full service, it’s around £260 – which is pretty good VFM.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘forks for turner 5spot’ is closed to new replies.