Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Forks for SC Heckler
  • astura
    Free Member

Currently riding an SC heckler 2006ish, after having change of heart because i love this bike so much, i want to upgrade the forks. IM currently running on Marz Z150 but i feel these are the only bit really letting the bike down. I don’t know what forks to get for it, but i want new forks and want them to feel great, please help? I have know idea what would suit the geom of this bike

Weasel
    Free Member

I had 150 Revelations on mine, I think if they had been dropped to say 140/130 could have been a better ride. Just didn’t feel right, plus I didnt really use it that much so sold it.

rob2
    Free Member

150 revs on mine. I like it. I think it would be best with a slackset headset

astura
    Free Member

By the look of them there a tapered fork, no good for mine

iamroughrider
    Free Member

i have seen people using Pikes before. I know they are old but are good forks.

timber

Got an ’05 with 5th element coil

Started with some 32 Van125RLC, smooth, but not stiff enough and wanted a bit more
    Had some Pikes on the front that were a good balance, but not quite right. Maybe just needed setting up better/different internals.
    Now got some old 36 Van R, nose heavy in the air, wheely-tastic uphill but a fantastic plough of a bike, goes well with the rear shock

astura
    Free Member

im running a fox float r 2011 shock on the rear, which i find better than the 5th element. Am i going to need to call TFT and ask there advice on this?

colp

140mm Pikes, works great.

astura
    Free Member

what would be the alternative to the pike?

_tom_
    Free Member

Sektor maybe? Mine feels great – plusher than a Pike and I think lighter. People say it’s not as stiff but I haven’t noticed any flex.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Run nothing less than 150 on my 06 and 10 hecklers with standard headset etc. Mostly ran 160’s as it sat better there with more up front for me. I had a lightly longer shock in the second one which kept the geo similar to running 150.
    Also there is probably more than 10-15mm between long 150’s and short 160’s out there.
    I found the Rev’s too light/flexi for good AM riding. My current one has 36’s on it but will be swapping to 34’s on the new bike as they seem to be a better balance (36 – super stiff, 34’s stiff enough)

Good luck finding much choice at 1 1/8th in the new market, was one of the reasons for a new frame.

Pridds

Ran a set of Magura Wotans on my old one. Was a proper tank with them on but lots of fun blasting through stuff

warpcow
    Free Member

I ran a Pike and Wotans too on an ’06. Completely agree that it would bomb straight through anything with the Wotans. Slacked it out nicely too (to a ‘terrifying’ 67-degrees!).

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Forks for SC Heckler’ is closed to new replies.