Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Forks for 29 & 650b+ 2hich is best?
  • mangoridebike

Hi

I’m looking to build up a 29er that can also take b+, can all 29er forks fit both wheel sizes in, are there any to avoid, any recommendations?

Cheers

niksnr
    Free Member

I’m running a Manitou Tower Pro on a Charge Cooker. Tried it with 650b+ Nobby Nic. Unfortunately didn’t work. Pity as it rode great. Just kept rubbing the ‘power bulge’ when leaning over. Worked fine out the back tho and as I really like the fork I’m currently running it as 27.5+ rear and 29 front.

siwhite
    Free Member

29 Pike here, works well with a 3″ Purgatory. Not masses of room either side, but loads above the tyre.

singlespeedstu

Pike/Lyrik/34/36 Boost forks will give you plenty of room for a 3″ tyre on a 50mm rim

moonsaballoon

I have 29 er x fusion forks with a 2.8 minion on 30mm rims and it works ok , not massive clearance but enough . If your happy with 2.8 on more normal size rims most 29er forks will be ok , mtbr has lots of threads on different combos and there is a big thread on here with lots of good info .
    My mate has a sonder with 40mm rims and a boost fork and is able to run a 3 inch tyre with plenty of clearance and it looks like a proper semi fat setup where as mine is really just a bigger than average tyre . I built up mine on a budget so boost forks were out of reach for me but if you can afford them I would get them as it would give you loads of options without worrying about clearance .

takisawa2

Niner steel has loads of room with a 3″ Knard on a 45mm Dually. If I get a chance I’ll slip it in the Exotic Carbon on my lads bike, later.

scotroutes

I’ve done what you want on a set of Boost Rebas and some carbon rigid I got off eBay.

Swayndo
    Free Member

I’ve used a 3″NN on 35mm in a 29er Pike and there wasn’t much room either side. 2.8″NN on 35mm was fine, but it’s actually not much bigger than a 2.35″HD.

I’m probably going to go Boost Yari now as I much prefer 3″ on 50mm. Also looked at Manitou Magnum and X-Lite McQueen.

boxelder

RS revs with 20mm maxle. Newer boost model forks.

boxelder

Scotroutes – do you have a link to the eBay carbons?

ade9933
    Free Member

Not Revs.. older model 🙂

scotroutes

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/27-5-plus-Fork-Carbon-MTB-3-5-in-Carbon-Fork-Tapered-UD-matt-Black-110-15-/272139490738?

Remember to order them with the axle! I didn’t and had to order it off them afterwards 😳

The ones on the carbon Shands look identical. Might be worth approaching them?

They are also on eBay under the Kubis brand – for 3x the price.

boxelder

Cheers Colin.

Not Revs.. older model

? The 20mm maxle Revs will run a 2.8 Nobby Nic or similar happily. As will newer boost forks, like the SIDS I got cheap recently.

wiggles
    Free Member

If you want a pair of 120mm boost rebas 29/27.5″ let me know as I might be selling mine…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Forks for 29 & 650b+ 2hich is best?’ is closed to new replies.