Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Forking clunk! By Pikes go think on the rebound stop.
  • tomaso
    Free Member

I hoped a lowers service would fix this but last nights half mile 33% stepped descent was performed with an unnerving clunk when the forks extends back up.
    Any ideas what’s up with my Pikes?

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    I have a number of sets of Pikes and most of them have done this at some point.
    It’s been air trapped in the leg
    Try the zip tie down the fork seal trick-that’s always worked for mine.
    Let all of the air out and compress the fork. Then stick a thin plastics zip tie down the seal (carefully) and you might hear air escape. Do this both sides and cycle and repeat.
    Hopefully job done.
    Other than that I would be stuck
    Cheers
    Steve

tomaso
    Free Member

OK, cheers, will give it a go

jonnym92

This isn’t much help, but I had this and ended up sending them back under warranty. They were replaced under ‘creaking csu’ and ‘worn bushes’ not sure if that’s correct or not. I had a big clang/knock when the fork extended, not a nice noise. Would return them if you can.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I’m failing to understand how releasing air will stop a clunk? Can anyone explain it to me? I’d have been looking for a damaged top out bumper if the clang was on top out or worse problems if the clang was other than top out.

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    No explanation but it does work-perhaps the trapped air sucks the forks down slightly which then clunk when fully extended????
    Cheers
    Steve

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Forking clunk! By Pikes go think on the rebound stop.’ is closed to new replies.