Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Fork upgrade on an Anthem
  • jody
    Free Member

I’m running a 26er Anthem, 2012 vintage and would like to swap the standard Fox Evo 100mm forks for something 120-130mm. Ideally for something less flexy and a lot more tunable. Not sure where to start as there are so many forks and specs.

What would people recommend?

blastit
    Free Member

Had some 120 Reba’s on my 29er Anthem seemed to do the job

jamesg55
    Free Member

remember the giant overdrive steer tube

iainc

My 2015 SX had Fox 32’s with 120mm which suited the bike well.

jody
    Free Member

@ Blastit, Iv’e been looking at Reba but was unsure on solo or dual air or wether to get some Revs and reduce travel. Not sure if the Revs would have any benefit over the Reba

@ jamesg55 Mine is an earlier OD1 so should be OK to find a normal tappered steerer

@Iainc I am kind of put off more Fox due to the service intervals and not knowing which ones had dodgy dampers.

blastit
    Free Member

My Reba was dual and I have had solo forks since can not tell difference . Remote is a bit crap as in does not work better to go for top of fork one. Would go for one with lockout, nice to be able to lock out on road climbs etc.

flatpat
    Free Member

120 Rebas from Winstanleys on my 2011 X3.

Fitted fine, work way better than the knackered F100s that preceded them.

Can’t tell you about damping or tuning as I’m a fit, vaguely tune and forget merchant. At least until something is noticeably wrong!

deviant
    Free Member

X-fusion new McQueen fork is getting rave reviews, I think that comes in 120mm?

lycanthropefailed
    Free Member

I fitted 120 dual air Rebas on a 2012 Anthem X2 26er. Definite improvement even though they are a bit flexy when pushed hard. Recently fitted an angled headset which also works very well to improve handling and stability. The bike still climbs very well but is more of a light, fast, agile trail bike than a XC racer.

Kryton57

Everything above ^^ for the 29er too. I fitted a reba 120. You just need 1 1/8 upper and 1 1/2 lower headset to do it. Its a really good upgrade for the bike.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Fork upgrade on an Anthem’ is closed to new replies.