Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • fork stantion lube
  • coldhams1
    Free Member

what do people on here use for fork lube, looking at some finish line stuff but not sure.

any thoughts

CHB

finishline dry teflon post ride. Then a squirt of finishline green before I set off.
    Never wd40 or the like.

muddyfunster
    Free Member

Brunox.

andyl
    Free Member

silicone lube sprayed AWAY from the tyre (as I pointed out to someone recently). Two good blasts and them pump before I head out and the same after washing the bike.

yoshimi

After asking a similar question not long ago im now using ‘fork juice’

Northwind

Brunox, Fork Juice, cheapo silicon spray- all much the same thing tbh. Chain lube does the job too, but tends to be stickier. Likewise fork oil. There’s a warm feeling to be had from using the “right” product but don’t stress too much about it- just don’t use the wrong stuff.

kevj
    Free Member

<Dons flack jacket>

Turn yer bike upside down for a few mins and cycle the forks through a few compression strokes. The oil in the forks will lubricate the wipers, seals and stanchions without introducing a dissimilar chemical to the system.

nickswolves
    Free Member

Juice Lubes Fork Juice is better value than Brunox and really does work

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I use exactly the same oil I use to service the forks and goes in the lower legs. With my Foxes, this is Fox 10wt Green and with my Rebas, it’s some 15wt Stendec.

Onzadog
    Free Member

If you’re looking at the little drip bottle of specific finish line stanchion lube, It’s awesome stuff and a little goes a long way.

Wally

Paint brush in a large jam jar of 15wt fork oil, every ride.

andyl
    Free Member

I used to have a syringe of lower leg fluid I used to use but found it quite messy as it attracted dust. Then went back to silicone.

Oh and turning the bike upside down for a few minutes is a good idea. But obviously buy some nice thick pure wool carpet to roll out whenever you do it. 😉

Flaperon

Bit of Fox float fluid, which I suspect is just 80wt gear oil with a funky blue dye added.

Klunk
    Free Member

fox float fluid here too.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘fork stantion lube’ is closed to new replies.