Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • fork stanchion dent/scratches
  • trauty
    Free Member

crashed today , damaged my stanchion. any advice how t fix it ?
    ( i know about nail polish and emery paper ) is there something better than nail polish ?

mudhead84
    Free Member

Not sure if other suspension companies do it but RSF suspension can replace stanchions. Seen a couple of Facebook posts of them doing it.

gilesmartin81

I repaired mine about 18 months ago using a guide like the one below. Mine was pretty bad, so i sanded it down with wet fine paper, then once it was smooth filled the scratch with Araldite from Halfords then once it dried sanded it back smooth again.

How to repair fork stanchion scratches

Overall it cost me about £20 and i have not had a single issue with oil leaking. The forks have been away for servicing twice once by Mojo and nothing was said about the damage.

Worth a few hours to save an expensive repair.

Junkyard
    Free Member

what he said scratched my brand new pikes – the old ones- on the first wash – sanded and repaired and noticed anything in oil or any damage and must be 8 years old now and still fine

sand it varnish or araldite sand it to smooth – remember we can detect tiny imperfections but- and its a decent repair.

Any dirt would have to be tiny to get stuck in there and not be caught by the seals – never seen any in my fork legs at service time.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘fork stanchion dent/scratches’ is closed to new replies.