Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Fork servicing.
  • donsimon
    Free Member

I need to service my Recons an am filled with dread and fear as I’m not the most mechanical minded person.

Give me your horror stories of 1 million parts distributing themselves around the kitchen or whatever disaster to demonstrate mechanical incompetence. 😈

andywarner
    Free Member

I am a total non-mechanic but have had no trouble at all in periodically servicing my Fox Vanillas. It’s surprisingly easy and has prevented a repeat of when I blew the seals after a heavy landing at Dalby. That cost me over a hundred quid to put right and gave me the proverbial kick up the arse I needed to learn how to look after the bits of the bike that can go wrong myself.

rickon
    Free Member

Personally, id have it done professionally, check out loco tuning. His service cost is no more than the price of the full seal kit. Plus, he’ll not make any.silly mistakes and has a clean workshop to work in.

🙂
    http://www.locotuning.co.uk

He does all my forks and shocks, turn around time is usually next day too. If you’re interested Simon, who runs loco posts here as loco.

Cheers

Ricks

fadda

I recently serviced my Fox Float RLs (with a bit of help from a couple of people on here!), and agree with Andy – It’s surprisingly easy.

You do, though, need to allow much more time that they say, when you’re not experienced. Took me over an hour because I was taking it very c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y!

coatesy
    Free Member

Virtually nowt inside a Recon to be scattered all over the floor, a basic service is simple if you use a little common sense, and IF nothing is wrong with them. Spotting potential faults and failures and sorting them before they occur is what makes people like Loco worth going to.I do all my own routine Fox servicing,and all our repairs on known to be faulty Rock shox forks, but then take mine to Loco for their yearly service for this reason.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

servicing is just an oil change and seal lube – very simple to do. You don’t need to dissemble much at all. Easy within the range of a diyer. Stripping dampers and replacing seals can be more complex and needs a bit more skill.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Fork servicing.’ is closed to new replies.