Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Fork Refurb by Argos Cycles?
  • shooterman

I recently bought a second hand DT Swiss fork I am thinking of having refurbed before fitting.

Only the Crown and the metal bits at the bottom of the legs need repainted. Has anyone had a fork or other work done by Argos? Any feedback would be appreciated.

eyerideit
    Free Member

My road bike was done by Argos before I bought it. Both frame and forks we powdercoated and it looked really good.

But according to certain threads on other forums they do a brilliant job but it can take a while. So if you’re not in a rush give them a go.

ndthornton
    Free Member

Have to comment here – I had a seat tube reamed out by Argos so I could fit a dropper post to my Norco Six (it has an interrupted seat tube which meant I couldn’t drop the saddle more than a couple of inches) – I took all the components off the frame as they told me to.
    The work they carried out was excellent but……
    They had dropped the reaming tool onto the shaft of my fox float rear shock totally ruining it – an honest mistake but they neglected to inform me about when I picked up the frame. I only noticed when I got it home and removed the bubble wrap. They refused to pay for the damage saying it was my fault for leaving the shock on (its 2 allan bolts to undo!). I eventually did get the money back but only after writing several strongly worded letters and threatening legal action. So I cant recommend them.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Have had a few things done by them and the Finnish is always great
    But so slow

chakaping
    Free Member

Have had a few things done by them and the Finnish is always great

Do you have to speak to them in Finnish or is that bit optional?

😕

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fork Refurb by Argos Cycles?’ is closed to new replies.