• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by chay.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • fork quandary can you help
  • mikeclarke
    Free Member

So I’ve just noticed the stantions on my fox forks have worn through the coating near the seal. I think the bush may of worn out. I called mojo for a price to get them replaced and serviced it came in at over 300quid!
    So do I send them off to get them sorted or look at buying some new ones maybe rockshoxs in the sale for similar price . my old ones are the coil 140mm and are seven yrs old now.
    Does anyone know of another fork service centre other than mojo that maybe abit cheaper or should I stick with mojo.

Cheers

legend
    Free Member

You won’t get it cheaper elsewhere (or at least not significantly) as its replacing the crown-steerer assembly that’s makibg the bulk of that price.

If I was you I’d be selling the fork (even disclosing the stanchion wear there’s still good money in them) and getting something else in their place. I did exactly this with a 36 last year

seavers
    Free Member

I use LOCO. Great service but couldn’t say if it would be cheaper. In your situation I would be looking at some new forks in a sale or maybe something from the classifieds.

mikeclarke
    Free Member

That’s what I thought, cheers guys. Loco I’ll google them and ask the question ta

If you were buying new ones would you go Fox or Rockshox these days?

P-Jay
    Free Member

Loco will be about £40 cheaper I’d guess, they do a great job and I think Simon (sure that’s Locos name) is ex-Mojo.

The only difference I’ve noticed is that Mojo strip off the old stickers and replace them and Loco don’t.

seavers
    Free Member

I would avoid cheap Fox CTD. Climb Trail Decend. Evolotion series are the ones to avoid IIRC. If you get trail right Decend feels horrible and visa versa. I’ve had RS revevelations, Sektors and X Fusion slant as ‘ cheaper’ forks. All really good. Still using the Slants. I’m in no hurry to move back to Fox.

chay
    Free Member

Check out http://www.regensuspension.Co.UK got my forks stanchion replaced. Forks are like new again, saved me a small fortune.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘fork quandary can you help’ is closed to new replies.