Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Fork mounted roof racks – for 15mm Thru-axle
  • DickBarton

I’m totally stuck for which roof rack to use – have now tied a Thule Freeride but the front mount appears to be locked ot the br and my front wheel hangs over the front of the rack and the rear wheel sits on the rear roof bar so the locking unit doesn’t quite work…now returned to shop.

I’m now thinking the only way to mount the bike on the roof is via the forks – which are 15mm thru-axles…

Does anyone know if the Thule Outride 561 works with 15mm axles?

If not, which fork-mount rack does? I read a review on Bikeradar about a Pendle unit but when I check the Pendle site out, there is no info on it…

Help please!

markenduro
    Free Member

Thule 591 hold the frame and keep both wheels on the bike, that should work, the position of the front part can be slid through the housing and they are fairly adjustable, I was worried that I would not be able to get the hatchback up on my car when they were fitted due to the overhang but they are fine.

DickBarton

I’ve got 2 Thule 591’s but the design of the bike doesn’t allow it to fit this rack – Marin Mount Vision – Large – the hole at the bottom of the shock mount fits the top of the clamp, but the chainset then fouls the closure so it isn’t held securely…

nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

Oops.

Towbar mounted rack or I’ll just take it places? You can borrow a real car if you want?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Fork mounted roof racks – for 15mm Thru-axle’ is closed to new replies.