Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Fork mount repair stand – anyone use one?
  • sam_underhill

With dropper posts being repair stand un-friendly, and more frames being carbon so not wanting to clamp the frame with a normal repair stand, it looks like a fork / rear drop out style repair stand might be a good idea.
    The feedback sports one looks like it will do the job quite nicely.

Any opinions?

Northwind

Never had a problem with a dropper post tbh, just push it up a bit if need be.

wwaswas

I bought one of these for the same reason, funny tube shapes and a dropper post.

http://www.topeak.com/products/Repair-Stands/prepstandrace

It’s been fine – the only problem I have had is with my new FS bike is that the bar that the fork holder sits on isn’t long enough so the slider bit is off the end. I just use a velcro strap to hold the fork crown on the bar itself and it’s pretty stable. All my other bikes are fine and mounting the rear drop outs int he clamp not the fork is ok too.

legend
    Free Member

Northwind – Member
    Never had a problem with a dropper post tbh, just push it up a bit if need be.

yup, absolutely fine as long as you clamp the lower section

cookeaa

How tight are you clamping to have to worry about crushing your frame?

I don’t tend to clamp the post on any of my bikes to work on them. Normally the top or seat tube and seldom very tight.

If it’s a quick job I might just hang the bike by the nose of the saddle…

wwaswas

worry about crushing your frame

the clamp on my old stand wouldn’t fit around the tubes on several of my bikes and I didn;t fancy clamping on the slidey bit of the dropper posts.

sam_underhill

I don’t have a work stand at the moment, and thinking about getting one. I’m just over analysing (as usual) and thinking about carbon frames.
    I’m not sure I’d have enough slack in the dropper remote to slide it out of the frame to hang it anyway so I’d have to disconnect it (Ks lev post).
    So, it seemed like a fork mount stand made sense as it’s obviously really easy to drop the front wheel out.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Fork mount repair stand – anyone use one?’ is closed to new replies.